Ratings for Dr. Karen W. Oxford

At first I thought Dr Oxford was knowledgable and could help. Nothing she tried did help. When I called and spoke to her staff about another appointment to see what else could be done, I was told I was too old to help. Ageism bigotry! I tried another reknown opthamologist who did not help me but recognized I needed a more specialized opthamologist and referred me to a clinic at UCSF. After 14 years of trying to get relief, I am 98% better. Do not waste your time in this office.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I came in for an emergency procedure, refereed to her office from my primary care doctor. She had zero bedside manner and kept me overlong, without explanation (simply left to room and did not return) for 20 minutes because she was "looking for some students" to show my eye. Hey, I want to further medical research, but at least tell me what you're doing before you make me wait. Also, she provided me no information that turned out to be accurate. Now, this wasn't fully her fault, the damage was worse than expected, but she did not inform or prepare me for any of the worst case scenarios, one of which came to fruition. She might be a great doctor, but she's a horrible healer.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr. Karen W. Oxford's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Oxford has been the director of Corneal and External Diseases at Pacific Eye Associates since 1995 and is a Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology at California Pacific Medical Center. She is a fellowship-trained Cornea and External Disease specialist. Dr. Oxford was graduated Magna Cum Laude from Bryn Mawr College in Pennsylvania and received High Honors in Molecular Biology. She received her Doctor of Medicine from the University of Southern California School of Medicine where she was recognized with several scholarships and research fellowship awards including the USC Merit Award. Dr. Oxford completed her residency training in Ophthalmology at the University of Florida, Gainesville, and then received specialty training in Cornea and External Diseases here at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. She is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. In her current position as Corneal Consultant, Dr. Oxford performs many types of corneal surgery ranging from laser surgery to cornea transplants, cataract and lens implant surgery, pterygium and ocular surface reconstruction surgery. She has lectured locally and internationally on many different aspects of corneal disease. Dr. Oxford is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Cornea Society, the California Cornea Society, and several other professional societies. Her research has lead to numerous publications, international presentations, and invited lectureships. She collects music boxes, is an avid scrapbooker, and has a passion for pearls. Specialties: Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma, Cornea, Comprehensive Ophthalmology

• English

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)
  • Bryn Mawr College