Ratings for Dr. Emily A. Morin

Dr. Emily Morin was the absolute worst doctor I've ever seen. Horrible experience. Prescribed me Travatan eyes drops that caused temporary blindness, pigmentation, and a torn posterior - Jack Ahern

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

I just went there for getting a receipt for contact lenses, I told this to the receptionist and to the technician, it took 45 minutes to do the measurements, dilatation, etc, just for telling me afterwards that it cost 300 $ to get a receipt for contact lenses. I would have found it more correct to tell me this from the beginning. so I don't lose my time. Of course I declined and I left.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

I am shocked to see these comments about Dr. Morin. I agree with the person who said she takes time with the patient and is very thorough. I thought she could not have been more professional, thorough and caring. The doctor usually leaves when your eyes are being dilated. I know she didn't tell me when she did this, but is a normal procedure. I have an appoint with Dr. Morin next week and will update this posting after that.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

I disagree with the comments saying that Dr. Morin is rude. Certainly, you will have to wait, but I have found this to be the case with virtually all eye doctors, for whatever reason. However, part of the reason for that is that Dr. Morin is very considerate and takes time to talk with her patients. While I was waiting in an exam room, I could hear her discussing insurance paperwork with a patient who clearly was concerned about payment and insurance coverage. Dr. Morin was very kind and patient with her. I have also been impressed with her professionalism, compared to numerous other eye doctors I have visited in the DC area. As a patient with severe myopia, I have been treated much more poorly and much more rudely by other well-regarded opthamologists in the DC/ MD area, and I am very glad to have found Dr. Morin after much searching.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Knowledge - This is the most important of the three categories, at least to most people. How did his treatments work for you?

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

I have to say I agree w/ the previous reviewer. I got stuck w/ Dr. Morin b/c of an urgent issue (my doctor, Dr. Mitchell who is great, was unavailable). Dr. Morin has the most careless & rude demeanor I have ever experienced from any doctor or dentist. Initially, I told her my concern (my contact broke in my eye & I felt like there was a piece in there scratching my eye). She does a cursory basic exam, goes back to her desk & tells me everything looks fine. I ask, "you didn't see any pieces of contact lens in there?". At which point she exclaims, "oh! I didn't realize it was bothering you so much!" HELLO? urgent appt? She comes over, obviously annoyed, ROUGHLY flips my eyelid, & proceeds to clumsily irrigate, sending fluid all over my clothes & into my ear. Very unprofessional--she was joking in the hallway w/ a patient for about 20 min despite a waiting rm full of ppl.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

Dr. Morin was by far the rudest doctor I have ever met in my life. She did not take me in until 45 minutes after my appointment time and did not apologize at all for the delay. My entire appointment she continued to leave the office without explanation or apology. At one point I was left there without explanation for 25 minutes. I was actually refered to Dr. Mitchell however he wouldn't be available for two weeks whereas Dr. Morin was available in one day. I am assuming this is due to her disgusting customer service. It is appalling that patients would actually choose for her to be their Doctor. I would never recommend this institute to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Dr. Emily A. Morin's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Oxford