Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Barkstrom

Just want to point out that gestational diabetes does not have a known cause. Eating meat did not cause gestational diabetes. Actually, a ketogenic diet is best to avoid type 2 diabetes. I had gestational diabetes with both of my pregnancies. When I got older I got type 2 diabetes. I followed the food pyramid. The food pyramid was the worst thing. Too many carbohydrates and not enough healthy fats has contributed to the health crisis we are in today. After two years of following a ketogenic, low carb-high fat diet, I have lost 138lbs. I'm no longer diabetic, nor do I need blood pressure meds. I'm hoping that this doctor will be able to help me lose the last 15lbs so I can reach my goal.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Very effective and knowledgable; Jeff Barkstrom helped me get my life back. I had horrible back pain, pratically lived on pain meds. Also have numbness in leg and foot; always being so careful not aggravate the pain. I barley had a life. Neurosurgeon wanted to operate immediately, but the success rate for my type of back surgery was 30-70%. I am so thankful I tried acupuncture first. After a few months of treatments I am 95% pain free. Rarely take pain meds, have my life back. The numbness remains, from spine injury, but I can live with that. Highly recommend Jeff Barkstrom.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Recommended animal products during pregnancy. I ended up getting gestational diabetes and my baby was 9lbs and unhealthy. He did not stress why it would be better to eat other products that would be healthier. He just said I was anemic and needed more meat! Fake!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

Helped severe back pain when pain meds were not working. Very effective, long term results opposed to meds short time frame. I highly recommend Barkstrom Acupuncture.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2010