You may also like

Rate Dr. Joshua J. Canter

Dr. Joshua J. Canter's Ratings

Dr J Canter has been my dentist for over 10 years and I regret not knowing him earlier. He is an exceptional dentist. He always spends a nice amount of time with each patient, taking the time to listen and answer all questions and explain dental conditions when necessary.
Dr J Canter takes a more conservative approach in that he tries to help you with prevention of cavities (he gave me prescription toothpaste and a dental guard that is still holding up nicely after a few years!).
Unlike other dentist who are so quick to drill and do crowns or root canals unnecessarily- he is trust worthy in telling you when work it is needed and when it is not.
He is very knowledgeable, passionate about what he does and extremely dedicated to his patients going above and beyond to make himself available in case of emergencies.
Over the years I have become friendly with his office staff (who hasn't?) and they all make me feel right at home. His office staff Rachel, Leah etc..are always making everyone laugh and smile even the children love coming to the dentist!
Dr Canter and his office staff have always provided me with exceptional care and therefore I continue to see him (although I now live 1.5 hour commute away). Over the years I have referred Dr J Canter to 10+ people and all of them have come back to me with raving reviews. I would strongly recommend Dr Canter to all my family, friends and anyone else who may want to visit the best dentist in NYC!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2880758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Great knowledgable doctor.He has a way of putting nervous people at ease and making them feel like family.Staff has an upbeat good chemistry.Avoid sundays as he is busy then.He has a magical way at motivating kids and mine look forward to coming back.He might close off soon to new patients Fyi. Professional service as good as it comes.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2860408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Canter for a few years and I speak of him with only the highest accolades. Dr. Canter is a true professional. Firstly, Dr. Canter has outstanding bedside manners. He is very kind, courteous and patient. He never rushes to complete a procedure and will always take the time to answer any questions. Most importantly however, Dr. Canter performs his procedures effectively to ensure the patient is healthy and satisfied. He is a great dentist and I’m always satisfied with his work. Lastly, the office itself is clean and the staff is friendly. Appointments generally run as scheduled which is important for someone like me who has to get back to work generally. I would highly recommend Dr. Canter to anyone in need of a dentist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2835414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I came down from Texas with a swollen cheek and did not know what to do. I randomly googled dentists and ended up in Dr. Canter's office. A middle aged black women welcomed me. It was a great experience, felt like home.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2823174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! My experience with Dr. Canter was one of the best with any medical professional I have had. Seriously. He was extremely compassionate and understanding and his staff was pleasant and helped me through my MASSIVE anxiety about my visit. And best of all, I got my smile back. THANK YOU SO MUCH DOC!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2801468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Great experience and service i highly recommend, very friendly atmosphere

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752288].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr. Canter is an excellent dentist and he has a personal touch that can't be beat. I have been going to Dr. Canter with my wife and children for 7 years. Unlike typical doctors' offices, you actually feel like your visiting friends. Dr. Canter, together with his assistant Rachel, are professional, yet you do not feel the sterility and clinical atmosphere you get in most places. Very highly recommended. Good service, latest technology and dental equipment, and parking is unusually good on their block.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2715017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

I would like to share with you my experiences with Dr Canter. This review, I hope, will help you decide if Dr Canter is the right Dentist for you.

For many years prior (prior to Dr Canter), I had another dentist that I was seeing. My employer covered most of my dental expenses. After my retirement and getting Medicare, I was no longer able to afford my dentist. In searching for a new dentist, that will honor Medicare, I was fortunate to find came Dr Cantor - actually my dentist reccomended Dr Cantor as a possible choice as well.

1. From the day of my first visit, I felt very comfortable with Dr Cantor and his staff. They are very warm, caring, and giving.

I must tell of an experience that I had with Dr Cantor that will really give you good reason in choosing him as your primary dentist. I had a tooth, that was giving me a lot pain and concern. When Dr Cantor, looked at it, he told that the tooth is in very poor condition, but he would like to restore it. He reccomended that I go to a Root Canal specialist first to get a root canal and that I should come back for the restoration of the tooth. When I went to the well known Root Canal specialist, he told me, that if it was up to him, he would definitely extract the tooth, for it was in very bad condition. I told him, to call Dr Cantor before he does anything to my tooth. After speaking with the specialist, the specialist came back to me and said that Dr Cantor insisted to save the tooth and definitely NOT to extract it and that he will restore it. The specialist, repeated again what he told me before, I have had many cases like this and the way to g,o is to extract the tooth but your dentist insisted that I don't. After that horrifying visit with the Root Canal Specialist, I came back to Dr Cantor and Thank G-D he preformed the miracle in saving my tooth. Dr Cantor, told me, he could NOT see my, extracting the tooth and having to get an inplant which will be very expensive to do. In addition, he worked really hard, with care and concern to restore my tooth - Thank G-D.

In addition, there was another time, when I had another problem, I called his office only to find out, that he didn't have office hours. I left a message, within 30 min or so, he calls me with concern on how he can help me. Dr Cantor, actually came to my house, to see what he can do - he is just unbelievable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2698131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

Dr J is the best....I have never had a better dentist experience.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2660534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

My experience with Dr. Canter is one that deserves to be noted. I hadn't been to the dentist in a long time, and when i suddenly developed an agonizing toothache (that was later diagnosed as an overdue root canal). It happened on a weekend when his office was closed. His messaging service lists his cell # in case of emergency. when he called me back immediately and realized the pain i was in, he made it his business to see me shortly afterwards on his day off. Lets just say that "Overly Impressive" is an understatement...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2647299].votes_count ]]