Ratings for Dr. Janice M. Walser

The optometrist here (Walser) was surprisingly UN-knowledgable when it came to answering basic questions about contact lenses and general eye care. Optometrist was very old school with outdated information. I basically had to self-diagnose myself on type of lens, ailment and remedy. The office is small and doesn't stock many of the commercial lenses that should be available to try out. The lenses I wear had to be ordered through the mail (try out lenses) which took several days to obtain, not to mention having to return to the office to pick them up. On top of this they don't accept any credit card payments (including Flex Card). I didn't think this would be a big deal since I had VSP insurance but I ended being billed over $75 for several entirely unnecessary 'diagnostic' services. Avoid this place, there are significantly better options in the area.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Dr. Janice M. Walser's Credentials

• Illinois College Of Optometry At Chicago (Grad. 1983)