Ratings for Dr. William O. Deweese

Disregard obviously fake comments about this doctor. Bill Deweese is the best or one of the best in the Tampa area. Lucy Love, Maniscalco, and Deweese are the only ones that other doctors would have operate on them. Seriously. Deweese corrected a botched surgery by Castellvi ( Florida Orthapedic ) and did another nice operation on my back later on. I am back lifting weights and skiing, hiking, everything where the others said my life would change. Deweese is old school and will remind you to get your ass walking 3 miles or so every day after surgery. He is basically right. But the guy is well known with all hospital staffs and ask THEM who they would want cutting on them. Thats a good start. Nothing but admiration for this man and never once heard of a bad surgery. Some are overweight, smokers, poor shape, ect., and they expect miracles from anyone. Too bad he is not younger ......................may need him again down the road. The choices are fading. A+ all the way.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

I first met this man while I was in Saint Joseph's Er with debilitating lower back pain the attending Doctor asked him to evaluate me as he was there ...First thing he did was get me out of pain got a MRI and promptly admitted me for more test ...I had surgery at l1 4 yrs earlier and it failed he tried to keep me out of surgery with a nerve block it lasted 24 hrs so he went in and fixed it and no problems since.....In 2004 I went to him after getting no help with sudden onset headaches that caused a dissection of my carotid artery twice in a year ....His explanation was my neck was cracking and I needed surgery ...It went awesome no neck pain no headaches even with instrumentation I still have 90% movement in my neck .....He is and will remain my Neurosurgeon any time I need one Steve Knox Tampa,Florida

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

I have known this wonderful man since I was born. He implanted a VP Shunt into my head just three days old. He has always been there for me and my family over the past 27 almost 28 years. In 2010 I got really sick to my condition since birth. Over a period of nine months I had over ten surgery trying to fix my shunt problems between him and another doctor. What can I say it was a very complex case. Finally, in December of that year he took a huge step to test my body to see if, I still needed the shunt and amazingly I did not need it anymore. He is amazing because he never once gave upon trying to help me. I would most assuredly recommend him to anyone. Not only do I consider him an awesome doc, I consider him like a member of my family and because of his gifted hands I'm the man, I am today.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

No-nonsense straightforward honest. Practices at UCH. Smart and pleasant too.Very Helpful with other physician referrals. Caring post surgery visit. Very positive upbeat attitude.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Dr. Deeweese operated on me for operations on lower back, C-5-6, C-6-7, and L1-2for lower back. He was aways professional and informative. Better yet, he was always able to solve the problem! I would trust him. Elvin Phillips, Esq.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

I had an epidural hematoma from a severed artery caused by a skull fracture. I was knocked out and taken to University Community Hospital. Luckily Dr. Deweese was on site and performed emergency surgery on me to save my life. I didn't get to meet him until the next day but he always seemed very concerned for my health and recovery. I have since gone in to see him 3 times for follow-ups and headache issues. Dr. Deweese and his staff have always been so nice and helpful. If it wasn't for him I may not be alive to write this reveiw.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I made an appointment to see the Dr. following one cervical fusion and the next three 1/2 years of ongoing severe pain until I had three MRI's Cervical,Thoracic and Lumbar - which showed two more Cervical herniations, an extreme Thoracic herniation and bilateral Lumbar herniation. Dr. DeWeese would NOT look at the MRI's, he asked me if I still had pain. I said yes, that I did. I said that I needed help, he said there is no help. I said "Please look at these MRI's". He said, You had surgery, you still have pain. I cannot help you. No, I won't look at the MRI's. I started crying and said that there has to be help. He patted my cheek and said "HONEY, DON'T CRY IN MY OFFICE". THANK GOD FOR DR. SCOTT CUTLER WHO PERFORMED THREE SURGERIES WONDERFULLY AND ALLOWED ME 15 MORE ACTIVE YEARS OF LIFE AND EARNING - AND THE DIGNITY OF KNOWING THAT MY PAIN WAS REAL. NONE OF WHICH DR. DEWEESE WAS ABLE TO DO.

Submitted April 20, 2010

Dr. Deweese removed a bone fragment pressing against the nerve at C5-C6. I had immediate relief after surgery. Dr Deweese is very personable and answered all my questions in an easy to understand and knowledgeable manner.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

I had been diagnosed with a brain tumour, and unfortunately the doctor I saw in the hospital didn't take my insurance but instead recommended me to Dr. Deweese. Yes, his "bedside manner" could use some work, but the man is a neurosurgeon ! He removed my tumour within a month of first seeing him, his follow up care was fine, his staff always promptly answered my phone calls. I have had no problems recommending him to others who have needed a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

This doctor is the same as the other William Deweese on the list! He should not be grouped separately. I believe the doctor's attention to this police officer in this case was simply because he was a police officer. Doctor is not that attentive, at least he wasn't to me. I was not one iota better nor more informed about my condition (low back pain) than I was when I entered his office. I do not see how keep can stay in the medical profession with his attitude toward anyone who is having intense pain, which is noncommital.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

Dr. William O. Deweese's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)

Guardian