Ratings for Dr. Raul Guevara

What everybody is saying about visiting Raul Guevara would NOT be a good idea??? Believe them!!! He may very well be the worst doctor I've ever witnessed. My mother was diagnosed with giant cell arteritis, so we decided on Guevara to see about aid for her sore eyes. The first appointment we had, we were 18 minutes late, so he cancelled our appointment. Should've stopped there with his ridiculous behavior, but it only got worse. We returned to the rescheduled appointment, and Guevara was no help at all....NONE!!! He asked my mom a ton of questions about her health, she would answer them, he would ask the same questions again, she would answer them yet again, and Guevara had the nerve to say, "Well, I've got nothing before me to tell me what's wrong with you. So... we're getting nowhere." My mom looked at him and calmly said, "Ok, well I guess I need to leave." This so-called "doctor" said, with a stupid look on his face, "Ok", and left the room! Didn't even examine my mom, didn't even try to form his own diagnosis, anything!!! Needless to say, I had a few choice words for him. I thought that's what a doctor was supposed to do! Examine a person and determine what can be done to better a person's well being. He apparently is so incompetent, he can't run tests and formulate his own diagnosis. He's very lazy and wants someone else to do his work for him. He had all the info from my mother's past doctor in front of him, and didn't bother to get other info needed before her visit. I should've known what kind of visit it was going to be when the nurse was asking my mom about her medications before Guevara entered the room, and she said, "I better hurry up and finish these questions, otherwise the doctor is going to reschedule your appointment." Now that is while her appointment is happening!! Guevara will reschedule your appointment even before seeing you, while a nurse is taking time speaking to you?!?!?! That is no doctor!!! He's not in the business to help. He's more of an inconvenience!! By all means, and I pray, you see a REAL doctor!! A REAL doctor who will help you get better, and not cancel appointments, not even treat you because you won't hold his hand, and have the decency to greet his patients. Complete and utter joke. STAY FAR FAR AWAY! DR. DRE would be more help than this person.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Doesnt stand behind his patients. Belittles unseen disabilities. Not very good at listening to patients concerns. If you want a doctor that truely cares about patients and listens to them then I would not recommend Dr. Guevara.

Submitted October 14, 2015

In the early 2000s I too was sent by an opthamologist to Dr Guevera, as I was experiencing major visual didturbances. An MRI with exactly 100 films was done. Dr says I have white spots on MRI which lesions . I also had inflamation and demylenation of thecoptic nerves.THAT part was true! He said we need to look for cancer and MS and a multitude of other tests were ordered.Sleep testing,bloodwork on and on . He put me on gabapentin, Sent me for a full pyschological exam and ordered yet another MRI ! This time, his wise associate stepoed in and limited the amount of films to be taken. The associate (wish i could remember his name)reviewed my MRI with him. Now this time, Dr Guevara apologizes and says his associate and he agree. There were no lesions, only white spots that were consistently showing up on many of their films recently, and my MRI was now showing normal for my optic nerves!!! Dr Guevera was flustered when his associate left the room. Dr G checked my eyes again and said nothing more needed to be done. He said hed see me in three months,and i looked at him and said why?If theres nothing more? Yes ,this man is blunt and scares you to death with his ideas and tests!Time healed me thank God! Because i would never see this Dr again!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

where do i begin…it all started five months ago. I went to Anita B. Carleo, OD to get a new pair of glasses that is all just a new pair of glasses. After having to go back to her on three separate occasions, constant appointment screww ups, I was informed I had glaucoma and the visual field test did not come back normal. I needed to have surgery and see a specialist because I may have a tumor on my pituitary gland. So off to Dr. Brian Ranelle I went to have surgery only to be informed I do not have glaucoma and the tumor was very, very, very unlikely. Dr Ranelle suggested, based on his test, yes more of the same testing, that i keep my appointment with the specialist. That was the biggest mistake of my life!!!!!!. Enter Dr Raul Guevara, a doctor that would put me through more invasive testing than any other doctor in the history of my existence. The first visit i was informed based on my eye exam that it was only two possible conditions…only two. A disc syndrome or a tumor. I was told the only way to test for a tumor was an MRI..ok fair enough. Of course the orders get messed up so I had to have another one performed. Can you hear the cash register dinging yet? After weeks of waiting I get the news that its not a tumor, but of course he found something else. I am informed that its either MS, an infection on the brain, or auto immune disease. That is ALL it can be which is BS, but Im getting off track. He also orders another eye exam because per him he is just not sure what is going on with my eye results from before!?!?!?! Remember a few lines up when he said it was only two possible issues? So why the other test? So from this point I go on to have 9 vials of blood taken, a spinal tap and another eye test performed. Each medical individual I met said they never dealt with such long orders before. One said he was testing me for everything…not comforting like he doesn’t have a clue you know? So after all of this and waiting weeks to find out whats going on I finally see him. Have I mentioned that I had and still do not have any symptoms at all? Sorry forgot to say I feel just fine with the exception of not being able to see a dang thing, no I still don’t have new glasses which is the biggest joke of all of this. So I go in after 5 months of this BS to be told I have a vitamin D deficiency (-_-), yes you read that correctly vitamin deficiency. Of course he tells me the only way to really test for MS is with an MRI..wait..what? soooo why did i have all the other testing again? He wants me to have an MRI every 3 months to keep an eye on the MS, which the tests say I don't have. Did i mention I have zero symptoms? Not sure If i have mentioned it so ya ZERO symptoms. So after all of this stress, zero sick leave left, and a huge A** bill I basically need to sit out in the sun. Did i mention ZERO symptoms? Of course he doesn’t want to let me go…he would rather tell me I have MS to keep testing me so he can get a check. This guy has snake oil salesmen written all over him. I had a test performed at his office which evidently another doctor ordered. That doctor charged me a fee just for ordering the test even though I never met him in my life. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. I hope you read this before you go and if not and you are getting ready to have what I had performed cancel and find another doctor. PLEASE don’t live my five months of my torture.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Guevara was so hateful, condescending and distainful, I was amazed that medicine was his chosen field. He obviously dislikes people and has absolutely no respect for them, or what they have to say. His method of communication was so rough, it bordered on verbal abuse, and I came home in tears. This is the last doctor I would recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Dr. Guevara was extremely thorough and took the time to explain all of my options. I would highly recommend him to family 7 friends.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

This Dr. was recommended by another Dr, a Retina Spec, who send me to this Dr. I still had to wait 3 mths to get in. I had a swelling, hemorrhage in my left eye. After 1-2 mths I see him. had to get all new, extensive lab work, tests, another head MRI, ultrasound on carotids.. just incase he "missed" something on other extensive medical records I brought to him. Waited 5-6 wks for answers on tests..then wait another 4-5 wk to get a few answers. Last visit...and I mean last visit..I don't know what's wrong with my life eye. I heard swelling/hemorrhage was could have been "caused by excessive high blood pressure, "you may have had mini stroke", "ever have glaucoma".

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

Hands down the worst doctor I have ever seen. After he conducted a neuro exam on my daughter and found tremors, hyper-reflexivity, weakness and compromised pain sensitivity he told her bluntly she probably had either a brain tumor, spinal compression or MS. When we returned for our follow up visit, he told her all of her symptoms were due to anxiety, no big deal. He then prescribed a blood pressure medicine to reduce her tremors, when I pointed out she had low blood pressure (which he had never tested) he said "this med doesn't lower blood pressure" ???. If possible, his staff is worse than he is - they DO NOT return calls, and made errors on 4 of 4 tests they ordered. They misordered 2 MRIs, resulting in one having to be repeated and one unnecessarily involving contrast, they lost a page of blood test results, they misfiled a page of nerve conduction results. FIND ANOTHER NEUROLOGIST.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS. Dr. Guevara is WELL KNOWN for being 1 of the most shady people in this industry. His bedside manner is deplorable. He is horrifyingly unfeeling about his patients - how this man passed any medical inspections is beyond me. Maybe money? Probably, just look @ the school he attended. Be VERY careful using him - he will run up YOUR medical bills just to line his dirty pockets.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Bedside manner was not very good. He seems to be knowledgeable but I wasn't very impressed. His office is very hard to get in touch with. I would look for someone else.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

Dr. Raul Guevara's Credentials

• Univ Of The Philippines, Coll Of Med, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1990)

Amerigroup