Ratings for Dr. Paul S. Lux

I went to Dr Lux in 2004 for a THR , I was very pleased with the outcome the only thing lacking was some of the office staffs better than you attitude . So when it was time for me to have a TKR I did not hesitate to go back to Dr. Lux . This experience was totally different . One of my main concerns besides the pain was how crooked my leg became , I expressed this to Dr. Lux and he promised me that he could straighten my leg out !! Not at anytime did he mention that I waited to long or that there might be a chance that he could not achieve this !!!! I went through all the physical therapy as instructed , my leg is still crooked and very noticeable to the point I am even more conscience of it after going through the long hall of the surgery which is a lot more intense than a THR . I am considering a second opinion now and I am very disappointed in the outcome , I do not feel I have quality of life back . And at the time which was in 2014 his office staff has gotten worse they treat you like second class citizens and there is no compassion . Frank Dr. Lux right hand man told me at one of my visits after the surgery that they could fix my knee but not my brain ! I discussed this with Dr. Lux and he laughed . I do not know what has happened to Dr. Lux and his staff but they are not what they once were . I struggle emotionally everyday because of this and I am so sorry I went back to him I have lost all trust and respect for him and his office . To think now that I may have to go to someone else to fix his botched up surgery makes me sick . I did read one bad review before I had my TKR and mentioned it to Dr. Lux and he responded people can right anything and there can always be a bad review it means nothing !!!! No I would not recommend him !!!!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Had many questions to ask , Dr.Paul Lux were very professional . Plus I'm looking for a doctor who will take time to answer questions . I have several surgeries , I'll need and I'm looking for a doctor who's cares for his patients . Not rush and leave with out answers .

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I have had both hips replaced and was very pleased with both surgeries! Thanks so much! Jo Anne Travis

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

I am from New Orleans and was in need of a hip replacement around the time of Hurricain Katrina. After the storms most of the good doctors moved away and it was hard to find a doctor or hospital that I felt comfortable performing my surgery in New Orleans. I have a sister in St. Louis who knew of Dr. Lux and arranged for me to see him there when I visited her. I immediately felt comfortable with Dr. Lux and a month later he replaced my hip. The surgery was at Barnes Jewish West County Hospital and the staff was great. I only spent 2 nights in the hospital and walked the afternoon of surgery. I spent another week with my sister and then returned to New Orleans to fully recover. It took about 6 weeks to heal completely. I was recently back in St. Louis for my 5 year check up and everything is perfect!!. I can't thank Dr. Lux and his staff enough for the great care they gave me during that difficult time in my life!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2012

Dr. Lux was spectacular ! I researched several doctors before I chose him to do my knee replacement. I was impressed with his experience, his reputation, & his demeanor. He was such a skilled surgeon ! The procedure did not hurt nearly as much as I thought it would & I rehabilitated beautifully. I did better than all of my friends that had knee replacement elsewhere. I could not possibly be any happier. Dr. Lux is wonderful !

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Dr. Lux has replaced both of my hips over a four year period. He is a fantastic surgeon and very warm, attentive Dr. Recovered from both hips very fast and have had no problems. He always was great about answering questions & concerns. Dr. Lux was very professional. He took his time to address any concerns and answer any questions. His staff was very welcoming and friendly; Dr. Lux would sit down and describe in detail the findings, so the results were understood. I would highly recommend Dr. Paul S. Lux to future patients.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

I selected Dr.Paul S.Lux after interviewing several doctors. I originally thought I wanted a female doctor for my daughter joint replacement surgeon but interviewed him after a good recommendation from a friend. I have been impressed with his medical skill and his bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

He replaced my knee and it could not have gone better. I knew exactly what to expect during my recovery. I was only in the hospital 2 days. His staff did a great job! Highly recommended! I only wish that I had done it sooner.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Paul Lux- reecently he was the surgeon who worked with my brother. I have seen my brother experience so much pain over the last seveal years. We have had several recommendations and opinions, but it was Dr. Lux whom my brother Tim, and myself decided to go with- and we are sure glad we did.Dr. Lux performed a double hip replacement and his life has changed - he can walk again without any trouble or limp.I was most impressed of the bed side manner of the doctor as well as keeping our family involved before during and after the procedure. He followed up with Tim, and was very sincere and concerned of his recovery. Recently I also recommended Doctor Lux to one of my co-workers about his back troubles he has been having.I would highly recommend Dr. Paul Lux to my friends and family- I am glad to have met Dr. Lux, and would go to him again. After many other opinions,Dr. Lux took the time to really understand Tim's problems! Doctor Paul Lux is the BEST !!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

I had a hip replacement in 2008 did exceptionally well. Then the prostetic broke and he was great with going thru al of this again.He is a very very good doctor.He was very understanding and he really cares about his patients.I find all of the mean comments about him to be false. He was very very caring doctor. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Paul S. Lux's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)