You may also like

I was a 54-year old man with a bad back caused by years of active life and rheumatoid arthritis. After X-rays of my back, my primary doctor referred me to Dr. Michael Dorsi. After reviewing my condition, he found I had collapsed discs and pinched nerves which made surgery the only option. After back surgery in October 15, 2014, I was back to bowling in five months. I was the senior PBA tour in my early eighties and am now having fun again at 85. Donald Wells

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I have a son who is Dr. Dorsi’s age and I would honestly be privileged to have Dr. Dorsi as a son. I adore him. After surgery, I was in the hospital for two weeks and he came to visit me every single day. I repeat, every single day. Then, after I went to the rehab center, he came to see me multiple times. Not in his medical scrubs, but wearing his normal clothes. He really takes care of his patients. Joy Moody

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

When I met Dr. dorsi, I had done everything I could to relieve my back pain. I had lived with it for 4 years, was in and out of a walker, and the back pain was getting worse and worse. Dr. Dorsi was very reassuring and told me exactly what he was going to do and how he was going to do it. He made me feel very comfortable. I’ve had lots of surgeries in my life and the back surgery was the one I was most afraid of. However, Dr. Dorsi and his crew made sure I was comfortable and reassured when they took me to the operating room. The way they treated me made me feel more confident and less worried. After the surgery and after the anesthesia wore off, Dr. Dorsi talked to me about the operation and what he had needed to do, explaining in details about plates, etc. When I was in the recovery room, he came by every day to check on me and always did so with his unique sense of humor. During my recovery period, I continued to see him for check-ups and he took the time to explain my pre/post-op X-rays. It’s been 5 months now since my surgery and people may think being able to scrub my laundry room floor isn’t much, but for me, it is something I haven’t been able to do in years. I’m even able to get back to gardening. Overall, I was extremely satisfied with Dr. Dorsi. A.H.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

It was unfortunate to need spinal surgery, but it was most fortunate to have chosen Dr. Michael Dorsi as my surgeon. His competence, professionalism, accessible personality, and willingness to explain all the medical aspects of both the surgery and the recovery made a difficult journey seem possible and doable. I am grateful to him and to his wonderful and helpful office staff for all their efforts in my behalf. I will refer to him without reservation.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Dorsi is a lifesaver. When I "walked"(dragging my left leg) into his office I was treated with nothing but respect by the staff and there was times when I was cranky (lots of pain) that they would calmly listen to me. Front Office staff are amazing.. Now let's talk about Dr. Dorsi he gave me the honest truth about my condition which was surgery. Before Dr. Dorsi I had 2 spinal injections, steroids, acupuncture.. all a waste of time- If I went to Dr. Dorsi first I would have saved money and 3 months of my life limping in pain

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

It took forever to get an appointment. The receptionist placed me on hold for 15 minutes. When I called back she again placed me on hold. She was rude, condescending, insensitive, and then laughed at me when I told her that I was in pain. She had no work ethics, she cut me off and told me that now it was her lunch brake and I should call her tomorrow. I have never experienced such a horrible experience with a receptionist in my life. Where do they find these people?! I won't even get started as to when I finally went to the office and the treatment I received from the staff. Dr. Dorsi ordered more tests, will give an updated as to treatment .

Submitted September 17, 2015

I was diagnosed with GBM (Glioblastoma Multiforme, a high-grade and rather deadly form of brain cancer) last June. The good news is I have a truly amazing neurosurgeon right here in Ventura, Dr. Michael Dorsi, as well as a veritable team of wonderful and caring medical and alternative folks. While I was recovering my husband's back went out and Dr. Dorsi performed an XLIF and he has been pain free since!!! The tumor began to recur and in March I had a second surgery with Dr. Dorsi. This time he implanted Gliadel wafers, nickel-sized discs that emit Carmustine, a chemo agent, directly into the tumor cavity - so no systemic chemo effects.These little gems are biodegradable, so depending on potential (and expected) tumor regrowth, my plan is to work with Dr. Dorsi to keep shaving down that tumor as needed. My current quality of life is excellent, I am still walking 3 to 4 miles most days to keep the cobwebs at bay. Dr. Dorsi has that gift of being among the best in his specialty AND people skills - excellent communication with both patient and family, "bedside manner", the whole package. A dear friend underwent a 10-hour surgery to repair years of lumbar abuse - he's a contractor, so a very physical job. I heard from the family that it meant so much to them when they received a phone call from the doctor at half time to report that things were going well. He will be my guy for any further brain work, as well, should it be necessary. I guess you could say I trust him;)

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Feel so much better after cervical disc replacement 2 months ago!!! Only surgeon I could find in Ventura county that offers this state of the art technology and is actually takes insurance, a wonderful person very caring and attentive

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr Dorsi was wonderful! He successfully removed a HUGE schwannoma nerve tumor from my husbands chest with out any nerve damage or complications. He went out of his way to explain everything to us in detail, he was very patient with all our questions and rallied to get my husbands surgery done ASAP, when the hospital wasn't able to schedule him during the week. He was able to get a staff together to get the surgery scheduled on a Saturday morning. 6 weeks post op and my husband is back to his normal self ready to go on a backpacking trip with his son! Thank you Dr Dorsi!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Years of back and leg pain gone after dr dorsi performed minimally invasive XLIf surgery. Was home after only 2 night!!! He is always available, comforting and very talented

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

Dr. Michael J. Dorsi's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was a 54-year old man with a bad back caused by years of active life and rheumatoid arthritis. After X-rays of my back, my primary doctor referred me to Dr. M..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have a son who is Dr. Dorsi’s age and I would honestly be privileged to have Dr. Dorsi as a son. I adore him. After surgery, I was in the hospital for two wee..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I met Dr. dorsi, I had done everything I could to relieve my back pain. I had lived with it for 4 years, was in and out of a walker, and the back pain was ..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "It was unfortunate to need spinal surgery, but it was most fortunate to have chosen Dr. Michael Dorsi as my surgeon. His competence, professionalism, accessible..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dorsi is a lifesaver. When I "walked"(dragging my left leg) into his office I was treated with nothing but respect by the staff and there was times when I w..."

October 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "It took forever to get an appointment. The receptionist placed me on hold for 15 minutes. When I called back she again placed me on hold. She was rude, condesc..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with GBM (Glioblastoma Multiforme, a high-grade and rather deadly form of brain cancer) last June. The good news is I have a truly amazing neuro..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Feel so much better after cervical disc replacement 2 months ago!!! Only surgeon I could find in Ventura county that offers this state of the art technology and..."

June 4, 2015
  • First Name changed from "MICHAEL" to "MICHAEL J."

October 20, 2013