Ratings for Dr. Theodore J. Ruza

He over medicates his patients..i passed out twice.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Ruza is a bully. We feel Dr. Ruza's bad behavior is compromising the quality of care for our father. My sister is very concerned about my fathers weight loss, dehydration and the care he is receiving for personal hygiene. Dr. Ruza told me my father refused his medication, so there for he has not received important dosage. My father is in no state of mind to refuse anything. We are very concerned about untreated medical conditions, such as not receiving medicine or the right amount of medicine. Dr. Ruza has persist with intimidation with both my sister and I. His demeanor has discouraged communication and that has a negative effect on the quality of care, we feel my father is receiving. My sister has seen my father continue to go downhill, than what otherwise should have been the case while in Dr. Ruza's care. Dr Ruza's bullying is dangerous. He is condescending to my sister and I. He uses intimidation and sarcasm as methods to communicate with us. The doctor–patient/caregiver relationship is essential to the practice of good healthcare and the delivery of high-quality care for my father. We need minimizes strain of the doctor-patient/caregiver relationship to benefit my father's best interest and overall physical health. We need to a establishment of good rapport with our fathers physicians, But Dr. Ruza has made this impossible by leaving us feeling intimidated, angry and frustrated, when we are just trying to have an open communication with him for the well being of my fathers care. Bullying doctors are not just unpleasant, they are dangerous. and we fear for my fathers well being under Dr. Ruza's care. Bostford hospital itself states that "When a family member suffers from a mental or emotional illness, everyone else in the family is affected." "That families are not alone in caring for an elderly parent or older loved one with physical and emotional problems". That your Geropsychiatric Services provide a short term, quality care to assess, diagnose and treat acute mental health problems in geriatric patients." We are not seeing any of this under Dr.Ruza's care, in fact we are experiencing just the opposite! We are requesting a new doctor to ensure the well-being of my father's health/life and quality of care.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I needed to look up Dr. Theodore Ruza's information and see if he was still in his same location. I normally never get caught up in what people say online especially, on Rate MD's until a read Dr. Ruza's reviews. I can honestly say myself, I could of never made it through a very bad time in my life with out Dr. Ruza's care & support. Dr. Ruza was always professional, patient and caring. My son was my care taker and I was so not well. Dr. Ruza took time to convey my results to my family in order to get me back on track. Dr. Ruza worked with Dr. Howard Rossman of the Mind institute to improve my quality of life, for this we will always be grateful…Thank you, Dr. Ruza & Dr. Rossman ! Jasmine L.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

I am a caregiver and Dr. Ruza unfortunately took care of both. He prescribed them both medications, different, that they had a bad reaction to. One ended up hospitalized because he told her to continue taking it, thank God she had the good sense to go to emergency. The other is sad to say deceased. The family is devistated. He had a reaction to the medication and he would not change it, instead his solution was to discharge him. With much objection from the family, he allowed him to stay... he died. Please do not subject your parents to treatment from him. He has no concern for his patients, it is all about the money for him.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

I read the other reviews to find out if I was the only one who thought of him as arrogant, rude, impatient, and unwilling to provide detailed information or return phone calls. I guess not. I have left messages and none ever returned. It seems if you do not answer his phone call - always in the early AM hours (8 AM or earlier) you will lose your chance to speak with him. It is interesting to read as well that he does not see patients at any time other than early AM which is my strong suspicion.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

I was appalled to learn that this heartless, arrogant, man was the head of the psychiatric unit where our mom was a patient. He is the worst physician I have ever encountered. He NEVER called us back and when we came there to question him he was very rude, short tempered and didn't care to sit and talk. This hospital should be shut down! The staff was without enough help and mother was wet when we entered the unit. This occurred in May 2013, and we found this sight and decided to let other families who are thinking about sending a patient to Botsford psych unit to think twice. We took mom out of that dirty hospital under the care of this rude, prideful, arrogant man. His posture and all exude arrogance! We have MD's in our family and they recommended taking mom out immediately! Botsford should be SHUT DOWN! All this man cares about is money.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

He saw my Mother, a dementia patient, in an assisted living facility. Was asked by staff, and a note was put in chart, for him to call me after exam. I left 6 messages over a 6 week time period. Never returned my calls. Told staff that he was not to see my Mother again. Unprofessional, uncaring, and lack of common sense.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Dr. Ruza over medicated my mother and would not return our phone call after several requests. My mother ended up aspirating due to being over medicated and she died. Botsford Hospital admitted that his negligence lead to my mothers death. Do not put your loved ones in Dr Ruzas care! He has forgotten his vow to do no harm!! Shame on him and Bostfod Hospital!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

Very RUDE, and short patient. Do not like to answer questions, as well as visit his clients too early in the morning for proper assessment. Need customer relations training...

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012

Very arrogant and never calls patients families back. My mother was a patient of his on the hospital unit. First of all I NEVER authorized my mom to be put on the psychiatric unit. She was on the medical floor at the hospital, I came to visit her and was told to find her on the psychiatric unit with this psychiatrist. I noted him to be arrogant, condescending and more concerned about getting paid than taking care of her. We immediately removed her from this unit and from this hospital--"Botsford." Why do they have this heartless man practicing at this nice hospital. The medical unit staff and physicians were magnificent. But not this man! Why would he transfer my mom to a psychiatric unit and NOT inform her family? Also she isn't crazy, she had pneumonia.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Theodore J. Ruza's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1987)

GHI