Ratings for Dr. Joshua D. Nelson

Dr. Nelson has a good bedside manner. however, his nurse and staff have no follow up after surgery. His surgery failed, and after surgery said a follow up visit unnecessary?? as well as PT when the surgery was complicated and obviously would have benefited from PT. He withholds information and promises outcomes that are literally impossible and that PT's have balked at. He seems to be a very compassionate doctor, however, competency is greatly questioned and was recommended I have a second opinion. Do not expect a compassionate nurse, she will not follow up and send ordinary documents after repeated requests and ignore your calls. Do not see this doctor. He will earn your trust with his bedside manner but will not care about you after surgery or how you respond to surgery. His nurse never answer the phone and rarely returns calls. It baffles the community I live in as KU is typically highly regarded. His documentation gets "lost" or never sent.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

There are better doctors out there. While Nelson knew what he was doing, the time spent waiting on my appointment, the treatment overall by the staff, and the unresponsiveness of Nelson himself earn him poor marks in my book. In the future I will see another doctor if necessary.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

He was extremely helpful & understanding prior to surgery. After my surgery was done & I called with concerns, I was ignored for two weeks. When he finally called he was very short with me & didn't seem to care or want to listen to what I had to say. Prior to surgery I would've recommended him to anyone. After surgery, I don't think I would recommend him. His bedside manner went out the window after the surgery was complete.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Dr. Joshua D. Nelson's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

AARP