Ratings for Dr. Gene F. Caiafa

Awful.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

HOW DO YOU COMMENT ON A DENTIST THAT YOU WENT TO FOR THE FIRST TIME, YET NEVER MET THE DENTIST. MY HUSBAND, MY TWO TEEN KIDS, AND MYSELF WENT TO THIS DENTIST FOR A CHECK UP & CLEANING FOR THE FIRST TIME BECAUSE OUT PREVIOUS DENTIST NO LONGER ACCEPTED OUR INSURANCE. THE ASSISTANT BROUGHT US IN ONE AT A TIME FOR X RAYS. THEN WE WERE PUT IN THE ROOM FOR A CLEANING WITH THE HYGIENIST. WHILE HE WAS CLEANING MY TEETH, HE LOOKED AT THE LAP TOP WITH THE XRAYS AND TOLD ME I HAD A CAVITY. I ASKED ARE YOU THE DENTIST OR THE HYGIENIST? I THOUGHT THAT WAS ODD, BUT I THOUGHT MAYBE THE DENTIST WILL COME IN AFTER THE CLEANING. I WAS DONE! I WAS TOLD TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE CAVITY TO BE FILLED. NEVER SEEN THE DENTIST!!! DO YOU THINK THAT I WILL GO BACK? I DON'T THINK SO! NEVER IN MY LIFE HEARD OF SUCH A THING.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

My son was having a severe tooth infection. On the weekend of his 14th birthday he woke up very swollen and in Alot of pain. Called Park Dental care at 7am on a Sunday. Dr Caifa called my house back with in 20 min. He had never met us before and I was not his patient at the time but he met us at his Astoria office soon afterand got my son out of pain and did a procedure that solved his problem. Coincidently that same week he did a talk at my children's school the next week about dental prevention. It was really great what he did for us. Since that time 3 years ago I have referred many neighbors and friends to his office. His partners are very good doctors also. I had all my front teeth cosmetically done there and I am always getting compliments on my smile. This is truly a wonderful office. I usually never write reviews like this but this place is the real deal! And they will always try to work with you on payment plans if u are on a budget. Love these DENTISTS!!!!!! Really Great!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

very surprised to see ANY negative ratings about this office! Dr. Caiafa actually is the only dentist I ever saw that explains everything and doesnt rush you like other doctors. And they always try really hard to keep expences down. My family and half of Astoria go to this dentist office. they have been in the area for years and evryone loves them. maybe thats why someone complained about the wait time. they are REALLY popular and treat patients realyy well. all the dentists that work in this office are highly reccomended and do really great work, I will continue to refer people to this ofice!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

I couldn't agree with the other poster more. The receptionist is extremely rude. They could care less about how long they make you work and the final result is shoddy to say the least.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Dr. Caiafa employs a very rude receptionist! His policy is to ignore what you ask for and impose on you what he likes to do, like unnecessary cleaning, ...etc. so they can collect some more money to cover their business expenses! When I made an appointment over the phone with the rude front desk person, and explained to her I need a post and crown procedure. After waiting for two hours in the office watching patients come and go I finally decided to ask when would be my turn! The answer was "you are next for cleaning!", but hey, "I never asked for cleaning, I need a post and a crown!", they answered "your insurance doesn't cover post and crown!! Wow, so they decide to make some money out of my insurance anyway by doing a routine cleaning I never asked for! I refused and left the office immediately! If this is how they treat a patient then you can expect what may come next!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011