Ratings for Dr. Steven C. Anagnost

Would never trust anyone as much as I do Dr Anagnost. Previous surgery by him in 2008 was extremely successful. Recently had back surgery again to correct a work comp surgery that had left me in pain for last 6 yrs. While it hasn't been an easy recovery...I have had the best surgeon and care with Dr Anagnost. If I had his surgical skills & care with my work comp case I would not have the problems that I have today.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2019

I am a month post-op and am so happy with the results! My pain was diminished greatly immediately after surgery, and it only gets better from here. My X-rays show perfect placement and it is amazing this can be done by such a minimal incision. The incision site is healing perfectly and is pain free. I believe this Doctor is God sent. At 67 I feel I have gotten my life back, it only gets better from here!.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2019

Bad fusion results now I'm worse than before I had surgery done by this dr.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2019

4 months ago I had a L4-5 C1 fusion. Trying to do every the right. and my x-rays are good, healing on the right time line.. It takes time with this type of surgery. Dr Anagnost is good at explaining the procedures. He also cares for his patients. I trust this Doctor to no end. Can drive now and will start therapy soon to help strengthen my back mussels.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2019

Dr. Anagnost preformed surgery on my back. He performed a lesser invasive surgery and I do not have pain as before. I would highly recommend Dr Anagnost.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2019

Dr. Anagnost did surgery on my neck 3 weeks. My pain level, range of motion, and use of my hands is vastly improved. He explained every step of what he was doing and how it would be done. I would highly recommend him and his staff. I have nothing but positive things to say about him!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

I cannot figure out how this man has such high ratings because I am permanently disabled due to 3 failed back surgeries he performed from 2009-2010. I have seen 4 different orthopedic surgeons since who have examined my MRIs & other diagnostic tests I had done previous to first surgery and all done since then. I have been told the first surgery should have never been performed because for my injuries it it was the wrong procedure and because of those surgeries I am in Much worse condition now, which I could have told them. I can only stand/walk/sit for 10 minutes or less before I am completely overcome by pain and inability to move right leg. My spine is completely deformed now with reversal of natural curvature making it impossible to stand up normally. Anagnost has disabled & killed so many before and after me that he was swimming in lawsuits and the medical board was in process of taking his license. If not for a political favor Fallin did for a connection for Anagnost, he would not be practicing. She stepped in and ordered medical board to cease the process unless they were ready to conclude investigation immediately, which they were not. To see so many good reviews just doesn’t pass the smell test because you don’t go from hacking up most of your patients and compromising your patients’ health for financial gains (google how he would perform procedures that were completely unnecessary and unethical for financial gain) to suddenly be an upstanding, talented surgeon with happy patients. Something is just not right about that.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2018

My experience with Dr Anagnost was 9 years ago this coming December. The stabilization he performed on my lumbar spine was and still is a great success. No pain, great flexibility, and not even one problem since then has allowed me to live life to the fullest. At 64 years young, I am blessed. Thanks Doc.!!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

Dr. Steven Anagnost is a highly skilled surgeon. I am a retired physician and recently had MIV on my lumbar spine. My life is changing daily for the better. If I was still in practice I would not hesitate to send my patient's to Dr. Anagnost. His excellence is reflected in his staff. You know from scheduling to arriving at his office you are in good and caring hands.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Dr. Anagnost performed a miracle on my lower back about 2 months ago. I should be in a wheelchair, instead I have my life back. I am able to do just about anything I feel like doing. This is simply amazing. In 2015 I went to the "other guys", who I have deep respect for. I was sent out for an MRI, and basically told that my only option was to have fusion and that would only give me relief for a few years with lots of restrictions. I opted to do nothing, and I am so happy that I did! My wife had been to Dr. Anagnost about 15 years ago and had a minimally invasive procedure that was extremely successful. Now, 2018, because of inactivity and only being to sit on my rear all the time my weight had climbed to 300 pounds. My back was miserable. To make a long story short, I set up an appointment with Dr. Anagnost, we talked, he sent me to PT and pain management, because I wanted to go slow with this. My back wasn't getting better, pain management sent me for another MRI. I showed the physical therapist the MRI who immediately told me to set up an appointment with Dr. Anagnost. I set the appointment. Meanwhile, the pain management Dr. told me the results and asked me if I had an appointment with a surgeon. When Dr. Anagnost saw the MRI he recommended that we act quickly with a minimally invasive surgery to remove a large cyst, bone spurs, etc., a week later I was in surgery. It turns out that my spinal cord was pinched so badly that it looked like an hour glass, pinched down to the size of a pencil lead. While Dr. Anagnost was cleaning out the rest of the crud in my spine he noticed that my spinal cord was returning to normal. In recovery he told me that it was nothing short of a miracle that I was not paralyzed! What a miracle, I thank my Heavenly Father for the blessing of Dr. Steven Anagnost in my life. Because of the sucess of this surgery I have been able to loose 50 lbs., so far, and continue to feel better every day. Thank you Dr. Anagnost, you are the best!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

Dr. Steven C. Anagnost's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)