Dr. Rafath U. Baig

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Rafath U. Baig

Dr. Baig is extremely personable and talented and I am so glad he did my surgery. Right after the surgery the pain in my arm and hand, from the pinched nerve, was totally gone. If I had a choice, I would do it all over again. He explains everything very well and I knew what to expect. He also has excellent staff. Jenna was so through and would put up with my calls and answer all my questions. The instruction packets she gave me, before and after surgery, were also very well done. I had C4, C5 and C6 fused. I feel like shouting from the rooftops how good I feel. Just a note. Even after he recommended surgery, he did more X-rays and a nerve conduction study. He wanted to rule out carpal tunal. Thank you for the excellent service. He also recommended a high protein diet to aid in healing. Thank you, thank you.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Baig! Before seeing Dr. Baig I had seen a chiropractor and gone through 3 epidural steroid injections for ruptured discs (L5, S1), along with physical therapy. I really thought all those would work and had no intentions on getting surgery, but unfortunately the injections were short lived relief. My pain from my back, down my left leg, was disabling me from doing daily activities. I can’t even begin to express how bad the pain the was- WAS….Yes “WAS” because after seeing Dr. Baig and getting surgery, I can honestly say he gave me my life back-A big Thank you to Dr. Baig and his office staff!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I lived with scoliosis pain for a long time and it was progressively getting worse. The pain was no longer manageable and I knew I needed help. Dr. Baig made me feel comfortable and told me exactly what is wrong with my spine. He truly cared about helping me and he walked me through how he was going to the surgery. The surgery was a huge success and I couldn't be happier. Before the surgery my curve was 64 degrees and the surgery corrected 75% of the curve. I followed all of his directions before and after the surgery to make sure I heal correctly and heal fast. I highly recommend Dr. Baig he understands his patients and he is the best surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Couldn't of asked for a better Dr. Was my 2nd opinion so glad I went with him. He was to the point, took the time and the surgery was everything he said it would be. I now have my life back. No cane, no walker, scooter and can walk through the store. I have no pain. ThankYou

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

You can read the reviews and see that Dr Baig is an artist, an engineer, and an accomplished fixer of the spine, but let me add to the commentary. I am a military man so if you do not understand military men, find one and have him (or her) help you interpret this military opinion of Dr Baig. First and foremost Dr Baig is a commander not only of the troops, but the theater of conflict; he commands the situation, the people in it, and the minutia of technical detail it takes to fight AND WIN the battle. Don’t let his civilian charm and professionalism keep you from seeing the intricate military ballet that happens from the time you are wheeled or hobble into his office, to the time you walk, well I danced, in for the 6-month follow-up. I can’t believe I am the only one who had reason to experience an issue that led to a required demonstration of Dr Baig’s integrity not only as a professional, but as a simple man who has an indescribable integrity so let me just again, put it in military terms in case you have not had the experience. Twice I put a problem in front of this man one medical, one business and I walked away from both cases in stunning awe of his command and resolution of the issues. If the enemy closed, I would stand between this man and the enemy, and I would call for rally around him as the strategic victory point. His value clearly demonstrated in those that enter in any way they can, and walk out of his office to rejoin their unit in the field. Why settle when you can have the medical equivalent of Stormin Normin on your battlefield. He gets the title, “Battling Baig” in this camp.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

My surgery was three years ago. I am very pleased with my results. Dr. Baig is straight forward and lets you know what to expect and what you will need to do to help the healing process. I am walking without a cane and able to work. Would recommend Dr. Baig highly.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. Baig performed spinal surgery on me in January 2017 & while this is my only surgery of this type, I am extremely impressed with Dr. Baig's knowledge & expertise & his ability to clearly discuss with me & my family the nature & extent of the procedure, as well as the prognosis for recovery. His surgical team is top-notch & his office staff are also extremely professional & helpful. If you are fortunate enough to have Dr. Baig treating you, I believe you can have complete confidence in him. While I am still healing up, the numbness & pain I had experienced for years is gone completely. Strength is returning to my right arm and back & I am looking forward to returning to all of my sports activities soon. Thank you Dr. Baig!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

The pain in my back and legs was so bad I was ready to give up. I saw Dr Baig. He explained I had curvature of the spine and crushed discs. It would be a very long surgery with lots of risks. Some were never bend over to tie shoes, hard to play golf etc. I decided to have the surgery. I. was on the surgery Table for 12 1/2 hours. At 10 pm Dr Baig talked to my wife. He stayed with me in ICU until after12. I now am in great shape. I can do everything. My golf is even better. Ha ha I would definately, positively recommend Dr Baig. He saved my life. He is the greatest doctor!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I recently went to Dr. Baig after first going to a "spinal center" where they suggested many treatments of adjustments. A MIR verified that I had spinal stenosis that would require surgery for relief. The surgery was very successful, the terrible pain in my legs was gone and I am now back to light exercising at the gym and looking forward to a full workout soon. I also highly recommend Dr. Baig and his staff

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

This was my second lower back surgery. The first surgery, by another Dr., was more painful and the recovery was much more difficult though it was described as minimally invasive. Dr. Baig removed the offending hardware installed during the first surgery , cleaned up the scar tissue and fused L4/ L5. Two and one half months later I feel like this surgery will be a success based on my current progress vs. the previous surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Baig and his staff.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr. Rafath U. Baig's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.