Ratings for Dr. Rafath U. Baig

Couldn't of asked for a better Dr. Was my 2nd opinion so glad I went with him. He was to the point, took the time and the surgery was everything he said it would be. I now have my life back. No cane, no walker, scooter and can walk through the store. I have no pain. ThankYou

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

You can read the reviews and see that Dr Baig is an artist, an engineer, and an accomplished fixer of the spine, but let me add to the commentary. I am a military man so if you do not understand military men, find one and have him (or her) help you interpret this military opinion of Dr Baig. First and foremost Dr Baig is a commander not only of the troops, but the theater of conflict; he commands the situation, the people in it, and the minutia of technical detail it takes to fight AND WIN the battle. Don’t let his civilian charm and professionalism keep you from seeing the intricate military ballet that happens from the time you are wheeled or hobble into his office, to the time you walk, well I danced, in for the 6-month follow-up. I can’t believe I am the only one who had reason to experience an issue that led to a required demonstration of Dr Baig’s integrity not only as a professional, but as a simple man who has an indescribable integrity so let me just again, put it in military terms in case you have not had the experience. Twice I put a problem in front of this man one medical, one business and I walked away from both cases in stunning awe of his command and resolution of the issues. If the enemy closed, I would stand between this man and the enemy, and I would call for rally around him as the strategic victory point. His value clearly demonstrated in those that enter in any way they can, and walk out of his office to rejoin their unit in the field. Why settle when you can have the medical equivalent of Stormin Normin on your battlefield. He gets the title, “Battling Baig” in this camp.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

My surgery was three years ago. I am very pleased with my results. Dr. Baig is straight forward and lets you know what to expect and what you will need to do to help the healing process. I am walking without a cane and able to work. Would recommend Dr. Baig highly.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. Baig performed spinal surgery on me in January 2017 & while this is my only surgery of this type, I am extremely impressed with Dr. Baig's knowledge & expertise & his ability to clearly discuss with me & my family the nature & extent of the procedure, as well as the prognosis for recovery. His surgical team is top-notch & his office staff are also extremely professional & helpful. If you are fortunate enough to have Dr. Baig treating you, I believe you can have complete confidence in him. While I am still healing up, the numbness & pain I had experienced for years is gone completely. Strength is returning to my right arm and back & I am looking forward to returning to all of my sports activities soon. Thank you Dr. Baig!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

The pain in my back and legs was so bad I was ready to give up. I saw Dr Baig. He explained I had curvature of the spine and crushed discs. It would be a very long surgery with lots of risks. Some were never bend over to tie shoes, hard to play golf etc. I decided to have the surgery. I. was on the surgery Table for 12 1/2 hours. At 10 pm Dr Baig talked to my wife. He stayed with me in ICU until after12. I now am in great shape. I can do everything. My golf is even better. Ha ha I would definately, positively recommend Dr Baig. He saved my life. He is the greatest doctor!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I recently went to Dr. Baig after first going to a "spinal center" where they suggested many treatments of adjustments. A MIR verified that I had spinal stenosis that would require surgery for relief. The surgery was very successful, the terrible pain in my legs was gone and I am now back to light exercising at the gym and looking forward to a full workout soon. I also highly recommend Dr. Baig and his staff

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

This was my second lower back surgery. The first surgery, by another Dr., was more painful and the recovery was much more difficult though it was described as minimally invasive. Dr. Baig removed the offending hardware installed during the first surgery , cleaned up the scar tissue and fused L4/ L5. Two and one half months later I feel like this surgery will be a success based on my current progress vs. the previous surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Baig and his staff.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

My problem was in the Cervical Spine, which included 2 bulging discs, pressing on the Spinal Cord, 2 vertebra rubbing bone on bone without discs and a lot of arthritis. I had no feeling in my hands. No upper body strength and needed a walker to stabilize my legs. My primary care physician sent me to a neurosurgeon. He said he would operate from the back of my neck, insert a drain tube and be hospitalized for 3-4 days. This would result in a lot of pain. I decided to get a second opinion. I saw Dr. Baig and he advised that he would perform surgery from the front of my neck and said that he would never subject his patients through the pain resulting from surgery through the back of the neck. He said I would go home the next day with a sore throat and re-scheduled some patients to get me in the next week. He repaired the bulging discs, removed my arthritis and did a fusion on all areas. I woke up without any pain and went home the next day. I immediately regained upper body strength and never took a pain pill. Dr. Baig was amazing. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone facing this type of surgery. Very very happy.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

He was the only doctor who appealed and reappealed to the medical director through my insurance that my surgery was necessary. I was in so much pain and my legs were numb and tingling. My insurance company denied my surgery multiple times because they only wanted me to do a less severe procedure. I asked Dr Baig if he could do just that one procedure in hopes to get relief and he told me that he could, but that I would just need more surgery very shortly down the road. He stood firmly in that I should only have to go through one procedure to have my back fixed rather than the bare minimum and my case went all the way to a judge for appeal. Dr Baig took the time to plead my case and my surgery was approved. I am several months out from surgery and he is an absolute God send. I no longer have the debilitating pain I was living with, nor do I have to take narcotic pain medicine anymore.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Great doctor. Very knowledgeable. Great staff. I recommend this doctor to anyone who has back issues. I feel like a new person again.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Rafath U. Baig's Credentials

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)