Ratings for Dr. Amy Batterman

I love Dr. Batterman. She is an excellent knowledgeable doctor. She took very good care of my situation and was most helpful. The staff is beyond friendly and resourceful. I referred her to several of my friends and they were very satisfied with her diagnosis. My friends were happy to have found her. I definitely will be returning to Dr. Batterman for my skin care.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

The staff is horrible. I scheduled an appointment for my 7 year old son. I asked the receptionist numerous times if they accept the insurance and she kept insisting that they do. I waited almost a month for the appointment....to be turned away. When I showed up, I was told that she no longer accepts and its been years since she stopped. So why the hell did you make the appointment? No conceren for childrens well being. I asked to speak to the manager and now the receptionist claims shes the manager too. I just cursed her out and told her she lost a lot of patients by doing this because we refer patients to her at my job all the time. Incompetent staff.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

I made the appointment for noon and did not see her until 2... She quickly glanced over me and gave a diagnosis of tinea versicolor. She then recommends a blood test and gives a prescription. When I return in three weeks she doesn't have the bloodwork ready and argues with the staff.... My question is why isn't available when I got it done the same building. Then she proceeds to continue with the follow up she was very cold and lacked compassion... She claims after further looking at me she thinks I have vitilago and hands this outdated pamphlet. She basically tells me there's nothing she could do and recommends that I go somewhere else that has the equipment to really diagnosis vitilago... Complete waste of time and money

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

Her office cancelled my appointments 3wks in a row, stating the dr was not feeling well? I suspected I had psoriasis on my scalp and also wanted her to scan me for melanoma's. She walks in the room with a cup of coffee in her hand looking extremely annoyed.She asked what I was there for and I told her.She then proceeded to scream and I mean scream at the nurse in front of me for not preparing me for a scan and advising her that I wanted one. I felt so bad for the nurse. She left the room 3 times to sweeten her coffee. She quickly looked at my scalp and was like, "yeah, that looks like psoriasis". As far as the scan, she started to look then stopped and was like "you know what lets do this another time, you seem very nervous".. I was like are you serious? I told her I had a concern about a mole on my face that recently popped up and that my sister had a melanoma tumor removed from her face.Her response was, your sister is lying to you, you cannot get melanoma on your face? . Scarey!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2012

If you like going to the doctor more times than you have to, and if you like a waiting time long enough to read a novel, than this is the place for you. Did you make a ten o'clock appointment? So did the ten other people waiting in the office! Whatever your ailment, Batterman will make sure that you come for as many return visits as she can bill for. If you ask her to check more than one thing in a single visit, you can forget about it. Identical issue samples are sent to the lab more than once so you can get bilked for that several times as well. There are plenty of dermatologists out there: STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Amy Batterman's office runs so poorly, it is beyond description. Don't count on her seeing you in an emergency situation. She simply doesn't care. And if she has an emergency, you are left to rot in the waiting room. The customer service is terrible and the medical care you receive is below par. Not only was I misdiagnosed but I referred to in a derogatory manner by the doctor herself. It was utterly unprofessional behavior. If you want to receive the best care possible and be treated with respect, go find another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

Dr. Amy Batterman's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1983)