Ratings for Dr. Douglas L. Cassidy

My husband & I have been seeing Dr Cassidy for over five years and have followed him from outside Walmart to Hampton. He is very good at his job and his office staff is very courteous and helpful. Would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a competent provider in visual services..

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Cassidy since I was a teenager. He is very thorough and takes his time with you. My daughter and husband also switched to him after having a less than favorable experience with other optometrists. I am disappointed he has moved his practice to Hampton as I am forced to find someone closer.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Cassidy is the only eye Doctor I completely trust for my prescription for contacts and glasses. I have been going to him for years. I tried optometrist on Little Creek Base once a few years ago and immediately went back to Dr. Cassidy. The lady at JEB was off so much on my prescription, my vision was blurry and worse than without my glasses! Dr. Cassidy is very knowledgeable and I have never had a problem with my corrected vision with him!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Staff VERY RUDE and Unprofessional. My daughter set appt to have vision exam ONLY. From the time I arrived at office in which my provider Aetna referred me to thru Davis vision the young lady at front desk gave attitude as if she didn't want to be at work advised me I had to make a appt and stated she wasn't sure if my insurance was accepted. But acted as if it was my job to find out and not hers. So I accepted appt and figured when I came back her attitude would be a little more customer friendly and of course I returned at appointed time and the young lady at front desk was there again. I went on with my appt but I was giving a service I didn't ask for and when I said something about it the young ladies attitude was just unacceptable! The Dr himself is not a bad guy but however I would never visit or recommend this office to anyone because of the staff.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014