Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Stookey

I had Dr. Stookey as ob/gyn for a number of years, I found that he had become unresponsive, did not seem the hear what I was saying, and responded in a scripted manner, rather than genuinely and knowledgeably. He did not appear to be very up to date on menopausal issues. He did not want to deal with any problems or questions and simply wanted to get routine examinations over with as quickly as possible. I finally left and went to a different doctor who would listen and address my problems, and has helped me to resolve them successfully through careful analysis of my individual situation and thoughtful treatment planning -- something that was entirely missing with Dr. Stookey.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2006

I too saw this man during a prenatal appointment (he is not my OB, but in the same practice) He entered the room with an arm full of charts, quickly measured my belly; which was 2cm smaller than a different doctor got 2 weeks earlier--showed no signs of concern that the baby might not be growing--listened to the baby's heart beat and asked if I had questions as he was walking out the door. He left me on the table with ultrasound jelly on my stomach and shirt still lifted up and out the door he went. My total time with him was 3 minutes, no lie!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2006

Stay away from this man! I saw him for symptoms of ovarian cancer, and he was totally unresponsive and uncommunicative; he also said I needed an endometrial biopsy (to check for uterine cancer) although I told him I had no symptoms that would indicate that. I was very sick -- nauseated, dizzy, extremely depressed -- but he wouldn't even sit down during our meeting or tell me how I could deal with my symptoms until the tests (including a hysterosonogram) could be done. Fortunately, I talked to a friend the next day who had had this doctor for her obstetrician. She confirmed that he was worse than useless and recommended another doctor in the same medical group (Dr. Victor). I switched, and it was night and day -- Dr. Victor sat with me, explained that I did NOT have cancer (had a hormonal imbalance), told me that I didn't need the biopsy and needed only a regular ultrasound. He also told me how to deal with the symptoms (diet and exercise).

flag | Submitted April 18, 2006

Dr. Robert A. Stookey's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1967)