Ratings for Dr. Scott M. Schlachter

Never returns phone calls , have to wait at least a month for appointment, tells you that everything is nothing even without the test results. Doesn't put codes on paperwork. Always in a rush to get you out .

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

The gastroenterologist I saw before Dr. Schlachter was absolutely awful. His bedside mannerisms were very poor and he just stared at the computer screen the entire time and did not answer my questions. The first time I went to Dr. Schlachter I knew he was the one. The first thing he does is he greets you with a smile and looks at your chart BEFORE he walks in the room. He then asks how you are doing and what we can improve on. When I was having difficulty with a coworker about my gastro problems he didn't even hesitate to write a note to get this guy off my back. He answers all my questions. He is extremely helpful, funny and have never felt more comfortable with any doctor before so he is definitely a keeper. I keep recommending him to my friends and they absolutely love him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

I really like this dr & trust him. He is honest, funny & both my husband & I use him. I wouldn't go to another gastro dr. He tells you the truth & answers all questions. I recommend him without a doubt.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

My father was a patient of Dr. Schlachter. He never returned a call to the family to discuss his condition. My father is 71 and has lost 35 lbs in his care(he weighs 105)

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

He takes wonderful care of me. Made a point to see me when I was in the hospital under the care of another doctor. He is very thorough. I know that I am in good hands with Dr. Schlacter.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

Love this Dr.. He is wonderful and very helpful.I think he is kind caring and knowledgable. great doctor...friendly and anything but rude as others have said. I thought they were talking about another Dr Scott Schlacter. he is great and he was helpful. A++++ for him....

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Dr, S is one of the best Dr you can find out there, who cares what his bedside is like, and he was always very nice to me, but he is the best and will never leave him.I tell all my friends to go to him

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

i see another doctor in the practice. unfortunately, he was away ahd the on-call doctor was schlacter. he was rude, arrogant and totally uncaring. told me not to bother him at night.........

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

This doctor came to see my father in the hospital and never even bothered to read the chart before coming in (to see that the tests he was going to recommend were already done and noted). When I called him to inform him that these were already done he hung up on me. this man should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I have to admit, i never thought i would find any positive ratings for this doctor. I have seen other doctors in his practice, he was not mine. I no longer go to the practice because of him personally. I found him to be the rudest, unfriendly doctor I have ever met. While being in JSMC two years ago, the nurses, and everyone else when he was on call were even afraid to speak to him. I also had 4 colonoscopy's (not by him) both times the nurses (without me asking) stated they were so happy to be working with my doctor rather then him, he is mean to everyone. The practice is great, but this is the doctor who is most of the time on call if you ever find yourself in a hospital, dont exspect him to even stop by to see you. Sorry I had to leave them, because of him

flag | Submitted December 24, 2008

Dr. Scott M. Schlachter's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1991)

AHC