Ratings for Dr. Lewis L. Shi

I was a tourist visiting Chicago, and tripped on the sidewalk, breaking my left arm. Ambulance took me to the University of Chicago Medical Center, and Dr. Shi was brought in when they determined I would need surgery. This is the finest doctor I have ever met. He moved heaven and earth to operate on me on a Sunday morning, assembling a team of experts in 24 hours. I learned after that he is considered one of the best elbow and shoulder surgeons in the WORLD. He is genuinely concerned about his patients, following up on the telephone, and corresponding through email and messages once I returned to Florida. He continued to contact my Florida orthopedic surgeon, and my arm is completely healed. He was an amazing, wonderful, thoughtful, brilliant doctor, who I will always believe is one of the finest people on this earth!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

My left shoulder pain had been bothering me for years till I saw Dr. Shi. Post surgery recovery was great and Dr. Shi also followed up with phone call to see if he can answer any questions. Over all a great doctor and I will highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

good doctor and superb surgeon; very caring demeanor; communicates with email very promptly

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Not only an excellent MD but a kind and sincere gentleman! His reaching out to help me spanned a distance of many miles. Communicating by cell phone Dr. Shi was able to help me prepare for a shoulder surgery. I called U of Chicago for help and this man reacted immediately. All the tests and MRI were done going from town to town in the north woods of Michigan and Minnesota. He communicated with the hospitals and all was ready when I returned home, and I had never met this man until my office visit with him. It was like talking to an old friend. Today by his act of caring I'm doing great! This is an experience of giving by a special human being named Lewis Shi that will be held dear to me always! Many Blessings Lewis, your patient and friend Bill Perkins.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2015

the best doctor i have had. he fixed the problems from my previous surgeries. i'm not perfect but much better now thanks to Dr. Shi!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

Dr. Shi is awesome!!! I've had a complete shoulder joint replace by him. Best thing I've ever done.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

he called me the day after surgery which was Thanksgiving day; blew me away; caring doc; my shoulder is doing great

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr Shi did my shoulder replacement. He did a wonderful job.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Shi by my previous doctor for a re-do surgery when my first shoulder surgery did not go well. I am now several months after Dr. Shi's surgery, and I am doing great and on my way to recovery. I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. Lewis L. Shi's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 2006)

UnitedHealthcare