Ratings for Dr. Paul J. Beauvais

Dr. Beauvais was very knowledgeable and was always willing to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I went to see Dr. Beauvais after experiencing sharp pain in my Achilles (akin to a staple gun to the back of my leg). After ordering xrays and an MRI, he sent me on my way. When I limped back in a week later to review the results of the MRI, he determined that he couldn't say what was causing the pain. "Do you have any theories as to what it could be?" Shrug. Nope. "Do you have any suggestions for what I ought to do" Shrug. Go get some PT. "Do you have any advice for me?" Shrug. Smirk at my obvious growing agitation. "Nope." I finally told him I had never known a doctor to be as taciturn and unforthcoming and unhelpful as he was. Did he have ANY advice/counsel/theory as to what might be the problem? His response: "I'm not God. How should I know?" I have no problem with a physician admitting to not knowing what might be causing a patient's symptoms. But this doctor was beyond arrogant and unhelpful. Run, don't walk, from this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012