Ratings for Dr. Koock E. Jung

Dr. Jung is a wonderful person and an absolute outstanding doctor. He had cared for me for many years and never did he do anything that would be considered unprofessional or abusive! I am saddened by the accusations made against him and the outcome of these accusations. Dr. Jung was a great help to those of us suffering and will never be replaced. PJM.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Dr. Jung has been seeing members of my family off and on for over 20 years. I recently moved back to the area and decided to start seeing myself as it's clearly been working. He is very friendly and actually takes considerable time to listen to your concerns about your medications and how you are feeling in general. I am the type of person that researches everything to an incredible degree and can go to him and say "this is working, but I think this may work better for these reasons" and he often agrees with my assessment and changes the meds. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, but if you tell him something isn't working for you he will change your meds and he has quite an extensive knowledge of not only the meds available, but how they work and possible interactions with other meds. He also diagnosed me with a disorder that previous doctors and therapists have missed for the 15+ years I've been in therapy. I can not recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Great doctor actually. I read the other reviews and think it's odd how no one has a good review and yet his practice is very busy. He treats a lot of people and has a very strong reputation in the area. I have seen him for a very long time myself and have received solid treatment. His staff changes too much but that's probably not his fault. He's a very warm guy and clearly cares. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010

I have many complaints about this doctor. He had switched my medication for no reason, which resulted in me ending up in the hospital. He took me off of my original medication (which I had been on for 15 years) and put me on an ADD ON medication (with nothing added on). I also know of another patient whom could not get a hold of Dr. Jung for weeks, and his life ended in suicide around the same time. The office over-books appointments and you will end up waiting in the waiting area for a long period of time. They also do not keep track of payments and bill you twice! I would NOT recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

I agree with the other people that he is extremely condescending. He also does not always make himself available for after-hours. I once had a very bad evening, and called the answering serice who put me through to him, but he told me that I can't call that late (it was around 8:00 in the evening). Would NEVER recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2009

Staff is rude and quick to say "okay bye" - Doctor is professional "acting" but condesending and always seems to be unsure of who I am, why I am there and wants to change my meds even though they are working perfect for me. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

Told me I could cut an extended release tablet in half (which you actually cannot). Refused to listen to my preferences regarding my prescriptions and was extremely condescending to me. Actually said to me 'I am the doctor, you are the patient. I know medications, you don't.' I have since decided that I am not going to return to his office. I DO like my therapist in his office, I just refuse to see HIM.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2006

Dr. Koock E. Jung's Credentials

• Kyongpook Natl Univ, Coll Of Med, Taegu, So Korea (Grad. 1966)

UPMC