Ratings for Dr. Ruth Seaman

I waited 2 months for an appointment, and was really disappointed. Dr. Seaman did not LISTEN to me. Regardless, she prescribed medication that cost $700 a month. Let me repeat that, $700 a month for one medicine. I called and was only permitted to speak to the nurse, Michelle, who was less than helpful. I explained that I could get the medicine for $105 from Caremark for 90 days. Michelle then suggested another medicine that was $540 a month at CVS. Again I cannot afford it. Michelle said that if I wanted to talk to Dr. Seaman then I should make another appointment. I asked if I could actually speak to Dr. Seaman on the phone, (as she assured me I could during our first visit). Michelle said no. So I said okay I want my refund back of my $150 deposit; of course minus the $25 first visit. I am still waiting. I sent an email to Trish, the administrative assistant explaining that I have ended with Dr. Seaman and have not been able to speak to anyone from billing. Trish called, and when I tried to explain the situation, she said that that the Dr. would be out of town until Dec 1st. Which is surprising because I had an appointment scheduled for November 30th. She said that there was an "error" processing my refund and would have to wait until after Dec 1st. She let me know that none of this was her fault and proceeded to hang up on me. I thought that was considerate. Avoid this place at all costs. I was warned but was desperate.

Submitted November 21, 2016

I may never be "cured", but he is my best option for leading a half way normal life. He is a great doctor, who doesn't give up on you even when you want to give up on yourself. Well worth the investment in him and his abilities.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I was haphazardously perscribed medication by my primary physician that made me have a reaction and because of this, I haven't been able to take another medication without struggling. Dr. Seaman has been very helpful and understanding of this. I feel like he may be the doctor to help overcome my issues. I've been struggling with panic disorder for 3 years as well a depression since jr high. And have seen many doctors that failed me. Dr. Seaman has by far been the most helpful. I got tired of doctors patting me on the back and saying how bad my life was, it is nice to have a doctor that reminds me of the good that is still in it.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

A total surprise. I was expected something very different, and had low expectations. This Dr. has been a godsend. Down to earth, humble, has real empathy, and has been very helpful to me.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

The most thorough and attentive Psychiatrist I have seen, was helpful from the start, trustworthy, very up to date medically, and refreshingly compassionate. He is a no B.S. type of doctor. I did not like the limits he would set at first, but really valued how he never gave up on me, and never lost faith in me, even when I wasn't making good choices.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

He is very arrogant. and uncaring. He is dealing with patients that are depressed or suffer from other mental illness. His bedside manner is to be desired.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

Dr. Ruth Seaman's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Edmond, OK