Ratings for Dr. Barbara Newman

Dr. Newman is wonderful. She took the time to answer any questions that I had, and was comfortable with going forward with my birth plan with no questions asked. She stayed completely calm while I was having complications after birth and she kept me calm as well. She also made sure to check on me multiple times the day I had my daughter and the next day.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Super friendly staff the best of the best! Newman’s awesome! Professional and knowledgeable!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I found Dr. Newman to be very argumentative and rude. Most of my checkups were not pleasant , but when I was at my breaking point with her it's like she knew and would be extra nice at the next appointment. Then I would be like, "maybe she isn't that bad." I should have gone with my gut, she is that bad. My recommendation, don't do what I did and stick around, find an OB that spends time with you and you feel comfortable talking with 100% of the time. I will say her front office staff was amazing when I was her patient - pretty much her only redeeming quality.

Submitted January 24, 2018

I have gone to dr. Newman for 3 babies now.. (and will continue with the others).. I trust her with mine and my baby's life and she is amazing in the delivery room. Love love love her!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Worst bedside manner I've ever experienced. She's argumentative and doesn't respect anything but her own opinion. She called me "crazy" when she tried to push Lupron and I said that wasn't an opton for me. She is disorganized and can't seem to remember anything about you with your chart in front of her. Unfortunately she delivered my twins. My c-section scar is still not healed and it's now 16 months later (I've had 3 c-sections total my first 2 not with her healed up within less than 6 months). She was so rude and insistent my last visit I was in tears before I left. I will never go back. I wish I would've read the other reviews before seeking her services. I guess you live and learn. I cannot recommend her to anyone... steer clear! Very unprofessional and very rough physically during exams. Never experienced anything like it. Her staff is horrible and they all talk badly about some patients loudly in the hall... so sad and how embarrassing for those patients. Even with an appointment don't expect to been seen till an hour past your appointment time. I'm so disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I really have lived going to this office for years! Unsure what these other reviews are about, but please consider the source!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

DO NOT GO TO DR BARBARA NEWMAN! I cannot stress this enough. I got pregnant with my first child approx 4 yrs ago and was in a VERY monogamous relationship. Went to the first appointment and everything went fine, did a pap smear and scheduled next months appointment... went to get bloodwork done. I get a call about a week later saying I need to come in regarding my test results. I am told that I have chlamydia and that my unborn child has 18 out of 22 chance of having Down Syndrome, need to have an amniocentesis done. Gives me some antibiotics (which I never filled), a new appointment, and a referral for the procedure and sends me on my merry way. I waited for the amnio results (which showed no genetic defects) and never returned here, went to a new dr. LONG STORY SHORT, I NEVER HAD ANY STDS OF ANY KIND AND MY KID TURNED OUT JUST FINE. The amount of emotional stress and damage this woman caused me is immense and irreparable. I deeply hope NO ONE EVER has to go through something like this.

Submitted September 21, 2014

Talks bad things about her patients right outside the door and can hear her clearly. While I was in labor, kept pushing c section on me until I gave in after she said it is now an emergency. Even after my baby was halfway down the canal, pushed him back in because she didn't want to wait. Kept complaining that I wasn't pushing when I was. Other complications happened because of her and even looked into creating a lawsuit against her. Not even my worse enemy deserves to get Barbara Newman as a doctor.. She is that horrible!

Submitted August 25, 2014

I had high hopes in the beginning but they were quashed. If you're going to be an obstetrician, you should know what to do when a patient miscarries. After several interactions that made me question if she knew what she was talking about, I asked her if she could describe how genetic testing on a deceased embryo worked. She wasn't able to describe the difference between two basic tests: karyotype versus FISH analysis. I'm a molecular biologist and I realize that not everyone needs to know this stuff, but it blew my mind that she didn't know it off the cuff since she's the gal who is supposed to inform when a concerned patient miscarries. Because she and her staff had no clue about how these things worked and because they took forever returning my calls, too much time went by, my embryo's DNA was degraded, and the genetic analysis was unsuccessful. To boot, she was unable to draw my blood. Fabulous service.

Submitted February 17, 2014

she was very rude and everytime i would go i would wait in the room for no less than a half an hour. i started going there a little over a year ago and my first pap showed a low grade lesion and i had to do a biopsy that showed moderate dysplasia. she told me before if it showed moderate to severe she wants going to do a leep procedure to remove the abnormal cells..and then when it came back moderate she said she would only do the leep if it was severe. i was confused but your doctor is suppose to know best. i went back 6 months later for a repap and it showed a high grade lesion so i had another biopsy and she made comments about how bad my cervix looked. she even made a comment to her ma about how she needed to take more from a particular spot because she didnt take enough...but she never did. she said it showed mild dysplasia. its 6 months later now and i went to a new doctor and i have cervical cancer. they did the leep but its to late. i am having a hysterectomy in august. im 26

Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr. Barbara Newman's Credentials

• Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1998)

GHI