Ratings for Dr. George N. Galifianakis

He has been the best doctor for me and has helped me many of times

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Galifianakis for several years being treated for G.I.problems. He is very abrupt at times and does not have a very good bedside manner and does not at times even look you at you while you are talking to him. I felt at times he did not even take my complaints seriously. Finally I made the decision to go to Johns Hopkins Hospital where another G.I.specialist found a abnormality that Dr.G.should have seen a long time ago and ran additional tests that Dr.Gualifianakis could have done if he had listened more carefully and I would not have suffered as long as I did. His staff has always been polite when I have called although I did have a billing issue they could not straighten out and I felt like I paid for another patients bill. No proof it was 10 yrs prior -self pay and I had never been a self pay??? I always had to wait for at least 45-60 minutes. I felt like he could have done the same tests at PRMC that Hopkins did if he taken me seriously and not ignored me.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I was told by this doctor to eat more sugar and more white flour; at the time, I was having terrible gas, bloating and inflammation in my digestive track. When I suggested to Dr. G that perhaps my appendix needed to be removed, he said no. Shortly thereafter, I went to the ER and was diagnosed with appendicitis.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Dr. George N. Galifianakis's Credentials

• Univ Athens, Fac Med, Sch Of Hlth Sci, Nat'L & Kapodistrian, Athens (Grad. 1964)