Ratings for Dr. Richard L. Persino

Dr. Persino was the first Doctor to take care of a problem I had for 12 years rather than just treating the symptoms. I finally found a doctor who listens. He also was respectful to my husband and kept him informed of my treatment in the hospital and during surgery.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr Persino has been my doctor for nearly twenty years. He is confident and caring. Both of my daughters (aged 23 and 25) have been his patients since their late teens. His staff is excellent and his office runs on time. We have never been uncomfortable, or felt rushed. Dr Persino answers all questions patiently and informatively. We highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Best doctor ever! He was my doctor all the way through my pregnancy and he performed my scheduled c-section. It could not have gone better! He is excellent, very caring, very funny and made me feel at ease all the time. I can barely see my c-section scar at all, he did a fantastic job of stitching it up and I was up walking around that day. He is hands down the best Dr I have ever had.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Persino is the best!!! I had a robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy. This was the first major surgery I have ever had, and I can't even start to tell you how nervous I was! Dr Persino put me completely at ease. He explained the procedure throughly and answered any questions I had. He is not only down to earth and funny, but also treats you as a person, not just another patient. I completely trusted him going into surgery and knew everything would go well. Recovery was exactly like he described - little, to no pain, IB profin was all I needed after going home. My recovery has gone awesome with no complications and I feel great!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Without Dr. Persino, I don't know how I would have gotten through my medical issue. I call him my angel on earth. He is a wonderful doctor and human being. I got a laparoscopic hysterectomy and recovered in no time! Dr. Persino was there with me through all my worries and panic moments and took the time to get to know me as a person, not just a patient. I am so lucky he is my doctor!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr. Persino performed my laproscopic hysterectomy, and I was given the best possible care with a speedy recovery. I would highly recommend him as a professional.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Persino has been my doctor for over 20 years, delivering my son and recently performing my hysterectomy using the DaVanci method. The surgery was completed on a Friday morning and I was up and walking around that evening and ready to go home the next morning. Follow up on Tuesday and felt wonderful since. Other than getting tired easy I felt great! After approximately 4 weeks, my energy level is back to full swing and so am I. Dr. Persino's bedside manner is the best and he puts you at ease every step of the way. He's such a jokester ... He is GREAT!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Persino for over 20 years. He delivered 2 of my 3 children. Recently, I have had some issues with multiple fibroids and an enlarged uterus. Dr. Persino discussed my options in great detail ensuring me all of the way, I decided on the da Vinci Hysterectomy. My surgery was 5 days ago and I am feeling great. He is a great doctor. He takes the time to go over everything answering all questions along the way. He has so much experience and has kept up with all of the newest techniques which keeps him at the top of his field. His great personality, wonderful sense of humor, and genuine care and concern for his patients on top of his experience and skill makes him the clear choice for anyone looking for a doctor. I have referred many people to him and will continue to do so as I believe that he is the best around.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I started seeing Dr. Persino when I was pregnant with my first child 11 years ago. After my youngest, I moved and stopped seeing him for a while. By the time I came back for something else, almost 7 years had gone by. He told me I should to do a pap while I was there, it came back abnormal, and after more tests, Cin3 with severe dysplasia and uterine prolapse. He immediately calmed me and we came up with a plan. He always made sure mine and my husbands questions or concerns were addressed and understood. He never makes me feel uncomfortable, even when asking an uncomfortable question...He takes the time to get to know you, and has a great sense of humor. I'm a month post-op from my DaVinci hysterectomy, and I couldn't be happier to be where I'm at. When I first came home, he made sure we had his personal number in case we had any questions or concerns, and we did, he called me back on a Sunday and reassured me. I've had no complications or issues, minimum pain, and my incisions are healing beautifully. I'm surprised at how quickly I'm feeling back to normal.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I started going to Doctor Persino when I was pregnant with my second child almost 10 years ago, and he has been my ob/gyn ever since. He provided excellent pre-natal care. He always made sure all of your questions and concerns were addressed and never rushed through an appointment. He makes sure you're comfortable with him and will treats his patients. After I was done having children, I started having problems with painful, heavy periods caused by a fibroid. Dr. Persino's staff made sure I was scheduled for an appointment almost immediately. He listened to all of my symptoms, scheduled me for tests and had me scheduled for a hysterectomy within a matter of two weeks. He takes time to listen to you, then he takes action that best fits your needs as an individual. He even kept the office open late to be sure all of my fears about the procedure were put to rest. Those types of doctors are hard to find! He is the best of the best, you won't be able to find anyone better!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Richard L. Persino's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1984)

• BCBS Massachusetts