Ratings for Dr. Marwan I. Shuayto

I am a current patient of this office and have been for some time. Dr. Shuayto himself is excellent. His office staff, however, have become increasingly unprofessional since changing locations from Stone street to Pine street. I have been told to take the wrong medication multiple times (not by Shuayto, to be clear) and have had other various issues with appointments/procedures. (Miscommunications, cancellations, etc.) Much like the poster below, I too was excited for a diagnosis and the prospect of relief. Now I fear it will never come. In short, Shuayto is a great doctor BUT his office staff needs retraining and a heavy dose of professionalism.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

I found Dr. Shuayto himself to be kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Unfortunately it is not often that patients actually see Dr. Shuayto. The patients see Dr. Shuayto's Nurse Practitioner Diane Schunk or Physician Assistant Pat Geml. I have been very ill for many years without insurance and was excited about the prospect of finally getting a diagnosis and help with my pain. From the beginning Pat Geml was unprofessional, impatient, extremely rude and extremely mean. During an episode of painful muscle spasms, which are caused by my MS, Mr Geml said to me with a mean tone, and obviously annoyed , "Why are you crying?" He also wrote my scripts wrong one of which caused me to not have enough medications to last over Thanksgiving weekend ruining my planned trip to visit family. Then to make things worse Nurse Practitioner Diane Schunk not only treated me like I was a filthy drug addict, but blamed me for not checking my script closer. She also told me that I should NOT have followed the instructions on the script and the pill bottle! She claimed "you should have known better " I finally had had enough of the terrible treatment and also the ridiculously long wait time (I waited one time 5 1/2 hrs) and changed doctors. I would NOT recommended this practice to even an enemy. Diane Schunk and Pat Geml need intense training on proper bedside manner. And Pat Geml needs to learn his job better because the incorrect script was not the first big mistake he did as far as my medical care.

Submitted February 23, 2015

Best experience I've had with any medical office. The staff was caring and Dr. Shuayto really took his time to explain my condition. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Dr. Shuayto was very caring and took the time to listen to me. I never felt rushed like I do with other doctors. I would highly recomment him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011