Ratings for Dr. Craig D. Schmidtke

Firstly, I have a massive fear of dental work and needles, expressed this to Dr. Schmidtke only to have him be verbally aggressive with me and go as far as forcing my head down against the dental chair when I panicked and asked to sit up between shots. I felt very nauseous with the gas and said I felt like I was going to throw up, removed the mask to breathe and he held it over my nose. He made an odd comment about how, 'I know you're used to everything being about you, but I don't have time today', while this was happening. Arrived early, as I was the first appointment, he was nearly half an hour late. I don't know what's going on with this guy's personal life but he needs to not take it out on the people in his care.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

Very pleased with Dr. Schmidtke. He took care of my dental problem with minimal pain/discomfort. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Took excellent care of me and I didn't have to be there all day

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I am a CHICKEN when it comes to dental work. Dr. Schmitke is very good and very calming. I feel confident in his abilities.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Took excellent care of me. Awesome staff with him. Took my 80 yr old mother she was happy with him & the staff. Highly recommend. He is certainly in his calling.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

just left the office from an wisdom tooth extraction. i highly recommend this oral surgeon to everybody. very nice and polite and had me relaxing through the whole process. thanks very much for taking care of me on short notice Dr. Schmidtke and staff.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I would highly recommend. I was terrified to have this done. he made it so easy and talked ME RIGHT THROUGH IT. fast courteous, personal follow up. this guy is flat out professional. staff and he are second to none.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Schmidtke is amazing at what he does!!!I will go back for all my dental needs!!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

I brought my 16 year old in for a consult by referral from our Dentist. I've been a Nurse for many years, and I've also worked in Physician's offices, so I know the importance of customer service. I was not at all impressed with this Physician. We arrived about 10 minutes early, but ended up waiting over an hour to get back to the exam room. The waiting room is very small and crowded, and it was standing room only at one point. Dr Schmidke's reasoning for all of this? "I'm just that good". Wow - confidence is great, but you don't need to come off as a smug and condescending. I will not be taking my child back. I see that many people like this type of treatment - I'm not one of them.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

When the skills of an Oral Surgeon are called for, I don't know about you, but I am in research mode. A brain surgeon may make a mistake, but I would never know about it, however, Pain is not something I like. Careful consideration brought me to Dr Schmidtke's office, I was impressed from the first step in and Dr Schmidtke's confident assurances put me at ease. The actual procedure was quick and professional, and the following days there were no complications. I would never consider any other Oral Surgeon, South Alabama is greatly blessed to have his expertise. FIVE STAR I am so thankful I found Dr Schmidtke!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014