Ratings for Dr. Sailaja Allanki

Had the same issue as another poster here - when I questioned her opinion - the one where she told me NOT to talk to my family and friends (i.e. my support system) and only discuss my life with her (to which she also very rudely pointed out "do you have a medical degree?") I was accused of being defensive. This woman wields her prescription pen like a billy club, smashing down anyone with any kind of intelligence and making her patients (the ones she should be caring for) co-dependent and reliant on her simply to make money. It is disgusting and sad. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

She asked me if don't you think we all have problems then started attacking me on how i was diagnosed then told me i needed to do as she says and lets get to work as if i have been faking and lazy for the last 20 years of diagnosis go back to the bubble gum machine and pick a new job lady if i were suicidal i would be dead

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

her officew, and the building in general, is dirty, smelly, and run down looking. She is always late, only spends 15 min with (but charges for what I hacve paid for for one hour's worth of a psych care recently). If you try to explain yourself, she still doesn't understand b/c she is not listening to you. In a general conversation, when I was in a happy mood, she has asked why I was being defensive, which I tried to explain to her I was not, but her comment mad me fell negative toward her. I love Asian culture, food, and music.... so this is not coming from some prejudiced perspective. Unfortunatley, it is difficult to find a psychiatrist that is reputable within the area I live.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Dr. Allanki is not thorough in her review of patient records. She limits her treatment to the drugs that she is most familiar with. She took me off a medication that I had been on for a long time and warned me that she would not treat me if I "did not follow her directions". I'm not familiar with her training in India, however I would not recommend her as a clinician or medical practitioner to anyone who is looking for compassionate care along with up to date standards of treatment. I had a bad experience with a male psychiatrist thus I chose Dr. Allanki because she is female. I was very disappointed. Her office is dirty and she insists on cash or check for payment without prior notice. I learned some valuable lessons about trusting my own instinct from Dr. Allanki. If you're not comfortable with someone to whom you are sharing intimate details of your personal life then perhaps you best look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Her staff is extremely rude - hung the phone up on me one time. I waited for over an hour for one appointment because the secretary was gone and she did not recognize me or have me on her schedule for the day, despite my appointment being scheduled several months in advance. Despite the fact that I was off all medication and wanted to speak with her on the phone about cancelling services until a need arose, she stated that I shouldn't worry about co-pays but that I needed to come and see her because she "can't bill" unless she sees the patient in person - glad she cares more about patient care than the money! Overall, terrible experience...

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

Dr. Sailaja Allanki's Credentials

• Rangaraya Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Kakinada, Ap, India (Grad. 1983)