Ratings for Dr. James R. Wells

Went in for extraction he recomended five years ago because tooth was slightly loose. he had put a cap on it that was too high . had to go back to have some removed at a cost of two hundred dollars. finally went in to have pulled. before pulling he started grinding around my other teeth saying they would look better. i told him to stop as I am old and there is nothing to take and i did'nt want more problems.. As I thought Two weeks after visit a filling fell out of a tooth he was supposedly cleaning or grinding on. i feel if he had just extracted tooth as i had asked i would not have had additional problems. BEWARE

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Not impressed. When in pain they do nothing for you.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

I would warn everyone to NEVER seek Dr. Wells for treatment. After one expected(and one unexpected) extraction in the same sitting, I developed dry socket. There was no stitching done after extraction, and I was left to hold gauze in my mouth and hope it healed. I am still in excruciating pain, have not actually had the dentist take one look at my mouth since the extractio, and have been there several times since. I have had to make back and forth transit several times(and I have poor vision, cannot drive), only for them to continue with an inneffective treatment. I have asked for other options, I have even asked for a prescription. This office is completely unhelpful, even when pain and condition for pain are very obvious. The ONLY plus to this dentistry, is that the nurses are very, very sweet and nice. The dentist himself is not worth going to see, as he has not even bothered to examine my extraction site, and has ignored everything I have said regarding my condition.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I would warn anyone to avoid this dentist. He ruined my bite with fillings that were way bigger than my natural teeth, and was unable to fix it. I finally just told him to stopbbecause he seemed to be grinding so haphazardly I was afraid there would be nothing left.. also, very poor people skills. At times it felt like I was talking to a wall. He's the cheapest dentist in murray-my mistake-but be warned, you get what you pay for :(

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012