Ratings for Dr. John A. Galea

Seemed to come into the first office visit assuming he knew what the problem was and didn't want to listen to what the symptoms were. Seemed to be knowledgeable but got irate when asked about or questioned about his diagnosis or tests ordered. If you're the type of person who just goes to the doctor and puts yourself totally in their hands you will probably be fine with this doctor, but if you want to take part in your health care or are the kind of person who dares to have an opinion I would definitely not recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

My husband has been going to Dr. Galea for several years. Dr. Galea diagnosed his MS correctly. He couldn't have been more thorough, patient, and kind in handling a very difficult situation. He gave the utmost of time and attention to answering every question we had and treated us with dignity. We believe my husband is doing well because of Dr. Galea's treatment and follow-up. He is a caring doctor and we are honored to be able to rely on him. There isn't one thing we could complain about. We trust him with Dennis' life.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Don't get suckered in to this guy's care. He'll order a lot of tests, that cost a fortune, but will completely neglect to help. After a great deal expense, only a secretary would talk to me. I got a "You're Ok" and thats it. Since then my seizures persist and i have had a couple of costly ambulance rides to the emergency room. Referred by (even worse)Dr. Douglas David. Avoid both at all costs.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

Advertises that he treats back, neck, muscle pain and fibromyalgia among other conditions but appears to blacklist patients who actually have these conditions.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2006

Dr. John A. Galea's Credentials

• Univ Nac Mayor De San Marcos, Prog Acad De Med Humana, Lima, Peru (Grad. 1973)

GHI