Ratings for Dr. Pradeep Atluri

In 2013 this "doctor" almost killed me. I was in the hospital for 5 days after discontinuing the drugs he prescribed for me (at the advice of a psychiatrist I didn't know). Atluri prescribed me, for depression (not for pain), 60 mg of parnate, 80 mg of vyvanse and 45 mg oxycodone a day. The combination of the speed and the downer is somewhat like the street combination known as speed balling. It made me manic. I spent over $20,000 in just 5 months. Then I stopped breathing and almost had a heart attack. As for therapy, he told me my "case" was lost. He was unusually interested in hearing about my modeling and how erotic each shoot must be for me. I wasn't having issues with modeling and it made me uncomfortable to discuss what was clearly his erotic interest. He called me a liar when I told him I never got angry with my previous therapist and expressed disappointment when I couldn't remember my dreams. All of this, of course, means nothing in light of the fact that he treated me as a lab rat using extremely controversial drugs to treat depression and almost killed me. Stay away form this "doctor."

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Staff - there is no staff "3" was entered instead. Doctor does not accept any insurance. Does not have a sliding scale. Excellent at making you feel as though he's on your side. But not completely honest with patient. He is not in the same economic reality. He is caring but can not read his patients at all. Medication cocktails that may it may not work are part of the package. A nice man who needs to work out his own issues with his psychiatrist instead of during your 40 minute appointment.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Pradeep Atluri's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 2000)

GHI