Dr. Barry SINGER

Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Barry SINGER

Great personality. .very helpful..knowledgeable about my MS

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

The most amazing doctor I have ever had. He solved all of my MS issues. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Barry Singer. As far as I am concerned, he is a saint. When I talk with other people I know who are seeing him, I hear the same things. They all say things like "how glad they are to be a patient of his, and great he is as a MS doctor." I do not think you could do any better then to be a patient of Dr. Singer. I have had different doctors for my MS issues, and from my experience he has been outstanding!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Worst Physician I have ever encountered. And I am a retired R.N. He did not listen to me, only working his own agenda. When I agreed to try a medication at the highest recommended dose I reminded him I had had reactions to the medication in the past. When he decided to double the highest recommended dose without examining me, or even listening to my concerns about such a drastic increase, I decided to cut my losses and said Bye-bye. Arrogant, uncaring, and does not include his patient, his customer into the treatment planning dynamic.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

I have been going to Doctor Singer for several years now to help manage my MS. I would highly recommend him to anyone who suffers from MS. He is one of the most helpful and knowledgeable doctors in Saint Louis. Doctor Singer was able to provide me with relief of several serious afflictions that many other physicians and MS specialists were unable to help me with.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

Dr. Singer was my third neurologist and I been his patient for the past 7 years. He has a great understanding of multiple sclerosis which has proven extremely helpful in keeping my disease in check. He listens without judgement and always responsive over the years when I am having problems. He did the trials on the new oral MS medications which proved very useful when I needed a new option. He is very busy since he takes care of a lot of MS patients. There are other neurologists in the region, but I would strongly recommend Dr. Singer as a MS specialist.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I drove 2.5 hours to see Dr. Singer after he diagnosed me with MS. At first, I thought I would be very happy with him, but I quickly learned how wrong I was. His staff was very rude and unhelpful. Appointments were canceled by a form letter sent in the mail, informing me to call and reschedule. Arriving for another scheduled appointment, I was told that I had no appointment scheduled, to leave, and return the next day, week, etc. Dr. Singer prescribed Rebif for my MS treatment. I had HORRIBLE side-effects to the drug almost immediately and Dr. Singer refused to accept the fact that the Rebif was to blame. My regular doctor copied her PDR and highlighted the info before sending it to him! He still refused to accept Rebif was the cause. Rebif caused daily migraines. He acknowledged my migraines but refused to treat me for them. He thought I took too many medications, even though none were for the migraines. I later discovered that he was a PAID spokesman for Rebif. Left him!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Going by my experiences it seems that Barry Singer does not believe that diet and vitamins helps MS, including B-12. Also that he does not believe in oral steroid treatment for minor relapses, and that contrary to internationally advised treatment.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

I drive 3 hours to see Dr. Singer for regular appointments because he's the best! My multiple sclerosis is now under great control. He is terrific guy and a pleasure to have as a doc!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. Singer is a caring and knowledgeable doctor. If you have MS, this is your doctor. He is very well versed in the symptoms and diagnosis of MS. He will treat you as an individual patient! He will be thorough and answer any questions you may have. I highly recommend Dr. Barry Singer! Our family had a very positive experience.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Dr. Barry SINGER's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1992)

MSP/BC Med