Ratings for Dr. Brett Axelrod

This doctor and his staff really helped me with chronic low back pain and neck pain. The staff is really professional as well.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I have to admit, this place had me fooled for a minute. The staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable at first. They really showed concern and took extra tests to figure out each issue. After that is over they sit down with you to discuss your issues and a payment plan. They also make you watch this video full of subliminal messages to make you realize how important chiropractic is. I abruptly decided after a week that I would not continue my treatment any longer. If Dr. Axelrod is still wondering why, it is because he acted more like a salesman than a doctor. They tried to convince me that my insurance only covered 5 visits and that I would have to pay thousands of dollars for my treatment. He tried telling me that the insurance company was lying to me and that I was going to "owe him an apology." The doctors speak very poorly of insurance companies and it seems like they do not want to deal with them so they can collect as much $ from patients as possible. I would double check with your insurance company first before giving any money to these doctors. I can't imagine how many patients they have fooled over the years. Hopefully this review will save you a few extra pennies.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

I highly recommend this great team of chiropractors. They are taking care of me since 2008. If you want to be healthy and live long, trust them. Elmsford Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center are THE BEST! I suffer from (RSD) Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy and I’m getting much better thanks to the adjustments.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

Dr. Axelrod is friendly, helpful, caring & knowledgable. He is skilled at the treatment and explaining to help the patient understand.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Elmsford Chiropractic is a very caring office and I highly recommend the staff and doctors to everyone>

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

I have such a great experience in the office for every visit. I get treated by both Dr. Axelrod and Dr. Arnitsis and think they are great. I feel so much better since I started getting adjusted. I have not been sick once this flu season and look forward to reaching new levels of health and wellness.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Elmsford Chiropractic is the best. I wish i would have done this years ago.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

The doctors at Elmsford Chiropractic are wonderful. They sat down & took their time to analyze my spine to see how it was working. They were thorough, in fact, this was the most comprehensive exam I have ever experienced. I felt comfortable & secure & appreciated the attention they gave me & not rush me out like other doctors typically do. They are extremely knowledgable and I felt confident being in their care. It was interesting to see what was going on in my body & that my problems were related to my spine and nervous system. To think I was living like this & to think the medical doctors were quick to prescribe a pill turns out all I needed was an adjustment. This is what makes Elmsford Chiropractic unique and helpful in ways that others had failed me. The program they designed for me has changed my health & helped to correct years of abuse & neglected attention to my spine. Dr. Axelrod & Dr. Arnitsis are inspiring & have changed my outlook on health, holistic is the way to go!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Dr. Axelrod is in business to make money and not for patient care. After the initial consultation that includes x-rays you don’t need, they discuss their findings with you, comparing your spine to a perfect spine. They will find a problem to get you to sign a patient contract that consists of returning 5 days a week for the first 2 weeks and then gets shorter as weeks pass. If you don’t have appropriate insurance, they convince you to go on a payment plan costing $300 - $400 per month. Each adjustment lasts less than 90 seconds. They do not “adjust” each patient differently based on need. They use the same method on everyone called a “super seven” enabling them to get a patient in and out of the office very quickly. I strongly suggest you visit a chiropractor who spends as much time as necessary with you on each visit, adjusting your spine as necessary. Also, be wary of their health seminar held at least twice a year. It’s a ploy to get your family and friends to become patients.

Submitted February 12, 2009

Dr. Brett Axelrod's Credentials

• New York Chiropractic College (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal