Ratings for Dr. Maurice J. Papier

Dr Papier completely ruined my foot. I went in for what was suppose to be a routine bunion removal, but after a total fail on the surgery, it has left my foot 100% worse. My arch has completely fallen, my big toe is behind my second toe, I can wear no shoes that don't hurt, and my foot aches all the time, He could offer me no relief for the condition he left my foot in and I was turned down by another podiatrist because of the random pain syndrome I had in my foot as a result of his botched surgery. Nice guy, but going to this doctor will forever remain one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Doc did an outstanding job on my bunion and hammertoe surgery 5 weeks ago. Very professional, courteous, surgery was Friday and he called Saturday and Sunday to Check on my status. Knows what he is doing and is very friendly. Not arrogant or pompous at all, quite the opposite. Mu h better than the doctor I went to a couple of years ago. Tha Rancho Bernardo Surgery Center outperforms any of the hospitals around here I have been too from a cleanliness courteous aspect. My opinion and experience. Thanks Dr. Papier!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Dr. Papier is the Best podiatrist I have gone to and recommend him to everyone! His staff is so friendly and most helpful. Dr Papier's sense of humor is great and makes the visit less stressful. Five stars is not good enough he deserves a 10 plus!!! Lucia Reifeiss

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I would recommend Dr. Papier over and over again... Not only is he knowledgeable but he also was very personable, a rarity in the medical field.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Papier by an Orthopedic Surgeon for problems with a bone spur on my heel. Dr. Papier examined me and agreed that surgery would be nessary to fix this very painful problem. He never did an MRI of my heel as is usually done prior to this surgery. The surgery was done and I followed the instructions for recovery exactly. After 6 months my heel was still bothering me. The doctor did not seem to have any interest in my complaint. He told me to do some trenching. I folloed instructions and 6 months later still was in pain. I went o a different Podiatrist, got an MRI, and it was obvious that Dr. Papier did not fully remove the bone sput. It was sharpened!!! I had surgery 18 month after the original operation to correct the problem with a different doctor. Now my foot feels much better and I am healing well. Dr. Papier is an arrogant, incompetent quack. Wilmer Pierson says so. He will be getting some payback as soon as I finish healing from the corrective surgery.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr Papier did not fully complete my bunyon surgery as he failed to take a portion of bone out which would have corrected the direction my toes lean. As a result, I have developed very painful corns which will require additonal surgery. I returned to his office to hear him babble about how well my foot was healing, despite the obvious growth between my toes. It was clear to me that he wanted nothing to do with correcting the problem. I would NEVER return or refer anyone to this doctor. He was inappropriate and too interested in my personal life.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

I am a runner with a number of running injuries. I currently am dealing with shin splints on my inner left leg and some metarsal pain on my right leg. I went to the office and the staff was very nice. I had told him of everything that was happening with my foot and leg issues. He had suggested some streches to address the shin splints and told me to take medicine for my metarsal pain and then we were to scan my foot for custom orthotics which I knew I needed. The doctor couldn't login the foot scanner. The technician who normally worked on it wasnt working that day and told me to come back 2 days later just to get a scan. I went in for my scan and the technician n staff couldn't login the computer because the program is normally up. They had told me they need to call in IT to fix the problem and they will call me to reschedule. Waste of my time and money to see someone who's equipment should be ready all the time. I wouldn't recommend

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

Dr. Papier was the doctor that I was referred to by my primary care physician after I noticed a pain in my right foot big toe joint while running. When he walked into the examination room, he asked "how are you doing?" and when I responded he quickly cut me off by saying "I don't care". Furthermore when I asked a question about the shoe inserts he recommended he refused to answer it, and deflected my questions about the treatment and diagnosis by saying "you're asking the wrong question". At first I thought he might have been joking, but he seemed genuinely caustic and uninterested in me. The inserts he prescribed were not covered by either of my two extensive insurance plans, which cover even full dental, and would cost 1,000 out of pocket. When I raised my doubts that it wasn't covered to any extent, he told me to make another appointment, because he might have sent it in wrong to my insurance company or could "change my diagnosis". I normally do not write bad reviews but stay away.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Dr. Maurice J. Papier's Credentials

Davis Vision
Eyemed Vision Care
Spectera Eyecare Networks
Superior Vision
Vision Service Plan (Vsp)

Top Hospitals in Poway, CA