Ratings for Dr. Myrna M. Ortega

I love Dr.Ortega she knows who I am and smiles at every apointment. She is always honest but still has compassion. Sometimes she is late but she if she's late she's delivering a baby (most babys come when they are ready). She has delivered 2 of my children and will soon be delivering my third. I recommend her to all my friends and family. She also delivered my niece and my god daughter. She is very thorough.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2012

First she had to leave during one appt but didnt tell her patients she was leaving and they sent a male doctor into the room! Second she miss diagnosed my kidney infection as vaginitis! That was after I waited an hour and 20 mintues to be seen. Never going back .

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Dr. Ortega is a compassionate doctor and a very thorough and experienced healthcare professional. I came to her during my difficult first pregnancy. She was caring about our loss and, months later, was very positive about us trying again and going through fertility treatments. When we did get pregnant, I felt very cared for. She is a doctor who wants to make everything as stress free and comfortable as possible. And yes, she is an advocate of pain medication and will constantly remind you that that is an option. If you feel very strongly about natural childbirth and don’t want that, then choose another doctor. Also, while I admit to being annoyed early on that I had to wait a long time, I came to understand that many, many times, she’s just come from delivering a baby or checking on a patient in labor. When my time came, she did the same for me and I’m sure there were other moms who had to wait. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Told me I had a low pain tolerance after I gave birth (was still in the hospital.) Who wants to hear that? Not a great bedside manner but don't feel like switching. The nurse Mary is great. True, Dr. Ortega is always late.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I love Dr. Ortega, she has delivered all three of my boys. All my boys were over 9lbs and I had gestational diabetes. Yes, she runs late for appointments because she is delivering someone's baby. When it was my turn to deliver she was late for others. She will take time with you when you have questions, make a list before you come and be assertive. One of my son's was born late at night after she delivered two others so really it is not about her sleeping and maybe about your preference.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Was ALWAYS very late. Not in a normal OB way. Several times 2 hours or more, many times 1 hour or more! Overbooks, you get 5 minutes of her time. Too busy to answer questions. Doesn't actively support breastfeeding. Routinely gives epistiotomy, and pitocin, even for delivery of placenta. Would you like to induce at 6am or perhaps deliver at night? FYI Dr. would rather you not keep her up late.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

Dr. Myrna M. Ortega's Credentials

• Univ Of The East, Ramon Magsaysay Mem Med Ctr, Quezon City (Grad. 1979)