Ratings for Dr. Hugh M. Dejarnette

New to this health plan provider. 10 am appointment but not seen by doctor till 10:30 am . Last place the doctor helper would see me sooner by the way. Got asked more questions. Told me if I do not stop smoking I will have health problems and may die early. Told me not smoking I would save money. No one told me that before. TOok care of my so call abcess and now I am fine. Told wife about smoking and all and she noted she been telling me that years. Staff Lauren is sweet at check out.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

This doc will ask you lots of questions about what the problem is. Some questions he will ask in a different way which I think is interesting. Listens better than most. Not shy about suggesting things you need to do to help improve your health. Got the shingle shot and the whooping cough shot that needed. Last reviewer person noted low key office and I agree. Sometimes the wait is a little bit long but I think service worth it. Love seeing Lauren's baby pictures she has at check out. She takes time with me and does not hurry me. I asked where to do review and they suggested here or pick a site.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I have seen several doctors before him. Office easy to get to. Waiting room nice with comfortable chairs. He addressed my cough by taking me off my blood pressure medication and started another. Cough went away and later learned some medications can make you cough. Office non rushed and new staffer Kathy is still learning and slow but she is warm and kind and that made me feel welcomed.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

been with him for a while now. See wife sometimes who is Dr. Copas. Jerry and Lauren are good folks.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Krap and over play of what doctor told me. Turned out my heart as he noted and 3 new vessels after get heart surgery. Unusual heart burn he told me could be heart. Sent me to heart doc which I thought stupid. Now Dr. DeJarnette wants me on medicine for my blood stream fatty stuff and I will take. Will stop smoking. My wife notes sometimes docs can be wrong but in my case was not.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Overall very good doc . Problem can be often when I have appointment so call walk in as Lauren notes makes my wait longer. In my 50s and I was youngest person there in waiting room once. I will stay with practice.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

This office is staffed by very competent people that really care. They were my parents Doctors long before they were mine. When I moved into the area I made them my primary physicians. The staff and Doctors are "in it for the right reasons." They do not overbook, but will spend ALL the time as required when seeing you to get you back on track. They are THOROUGH AND BY THE BOOK, so don't go looking for a just a prescription and a pat on the back and out the door you go here. They are very caring and thorough so I thought when I read a previous review that the Doctor was "communicating" thoroughly with him the scenario's and spending an enormous amount of time with them they would be ESTATIC! That individual needs to go to a "doc-in-the-box" if that is not their cup of tea. I do spend longer than expected with them when I go, but I am not charged by the minute, only the procedure. I feel that I am TRULY cared for and I will be better from going EVERY TIME!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

If you want a doctor who is melodramatic, Dr. DeJarnette is your man. I saw his wife two years ago for the flu; this time, since she was unavailable, I was given an appointment with Dr. DeJarnette. Never again! I went in because of reoccuring leg pain that originated during exerise. He spent more than an hour scaring the bejeezus out of me--"we'll need to act on this quickly," "if you experience x, y, and z, go immediately to the emergency room this weekend," etc. Instead of focusing on the most likely causes and examining my leg first, he started fishing for any remote, potential cause and asked me bizarre questions, including if I had ever dated a transvestite. He did not want me to ask questions and brushed them off, including why he thought I had to get a blood test and see a neurologist ASAP or why he prescribed Mobic and Vicodin when Advil handled the pain. When I left, he just handed me a lab order without explaining any of the codes/blood tests, just "get this done today"

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

I do feel that this Dr. is very competent, however I feel this physician is less than forthcoming when dealing with the claims. He told my insurance company that I had been rude when dealing with his staff and that I should find another provider. I never had any conversation other than checking in or out with his staff and do not appreciate the fabricated innuendo. I also hope that his office person finds a job which her employer will not put her in the position to "back him up". This all resulted from a claim issue which I had two previous conversations with the Dr. directly. Not his staff. I have never been anything but polite when dealing with this office. I will however find another physician for me and my family as he suggested.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

Dr. Hugh M. Dejarnette's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Delta Dental