Ratings for Dr. Hugh M. Dejarnette

Thought the dude crazy when toldme spot on back was maybe cancer. Been there a while. Told wife and she thought just trying to get money. Specialist removed and was cancer. Thanks. Now the dude is retiring just when I was getting to like the office.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Jodie Mitchell ; have been patient of Dr. D and Dr. Copas for a decade or longer. Saw them last week and they have signs in office that office closes September 29, 2017. I gave them both hugs. I will miss Jerry who always smiles. Kathy and lauren so helpful and I love that they called me by my first name. You all will be missed.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I have not been a patient of yours but would but you and staff noted office retirement and closing September 29, 2017. I gave you and the staff a 5 not to hurt score for whatever that is worth. You turned down a family member who I came in with for back medications that I thought over used. You did an exam and chatted with us and even asked family member could I be in room. Pain medication hazards noted and you noted felt needed physical therapy and maybe a back injection and not strong paim meds. You did not do a prescription but tried to get them into a care plan. That was refreshing as to many meds are done. Thanks by the way.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

New to this health plan provider. 10 am appointment but not seen by doctor till 10:30 am . Last place the doctor helper would see me sooner by the way. Got asked more questions. Told me if I do not stop smoking I will have health problems and may die early. Told me not smoking I would save money. No one told me that before. TOok care of my so call abcess and now I am fine. Told wife about smoking and all and she noted she been telling me that years. Staff Lauren is sweet at check out.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

This doc will ask you lots of questions about what the problem is. Some questions he will ask in a different way which I think is interesting. Listens better than most. Not shy about suggesting things you need to do to help improve your health. Got the shingle shot and the whooping cough shot that needed. Last reviewer person noted low key office and I agree. Sometimes the wait is a little bit long but I think service worth it. Love seeing Lauren's baby pictures she has at check out. She takes time with me and does not hurry me. I asked where to do review and they suggested here or pick a site.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I have seen several doctors before him. Office easy to get to. Waiting room nice with comfortable chairs. He addressed my cough by taking me off my blood pressure medication and started another. Cough went away and later learned some medications can make you cough. Office non rushed and new staffer Kathy is still learning and slow but she is warm and kind and that made me feel welcomed.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

been with him for a while now. See wife sometimes who is Dr. Copas. Jerry and Lauren are good folks.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Krap and over play of what doctor told me. Turned out my heart as he noted and 3 new vessels after get heart surgery. Unusual heart burn he told me could be heart. Sent me to heart doc which I thought stupid. Now Dr. DeJarnette wants me on medicine for my blood stream fatty stuff and I will take. Will stop smoking. My wife notes sometimes docs can be wrong but in my case was not.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Overall very good doc . Problem can be often when I have appointment so call walk in as Lauren notes makes my wait longer. In my 50s and I was youngest person there in waiting room once. I will stay with practice.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

This office is staffed by very competent people that really care. They were my parents Doctors long before they were mine. When I moved into the area I made them my primary physicians. The staff and Doctors are "in it for the right reasons." They do not overbook, but will spend ALL the time as required when seeing you to get you back on track. They are THOROUGH AND BY THE BOOK, so don't go looking for a just a prescription and a pat on the back and out the door you go here. They are very caring and thorough so I thought when I read a previous review that the Doctor was "communicating" thoroughly with him the scenario's and spending an enormous amount of time with them they would be ESTATIC! That individual needs to go to a "doc-in-the-box" if that is not their cup of tea. I do spend longer than expected with them when I go, but I am not charged by the minute, only the procedure. I feel that I am TRULY cared for and I will be better from going EVERY TIME!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Hugh M. Dejarnette's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio