Ratings for Dr. Miriam J. Sivkin

I was a a patient since the 90's & I hadn't been for a check up in a few years & the office said I was considered a new patient & told me they could no longer take me because I'm on state insurance. The reason I haven't been to the Dr in the 1st place is because my husband lost his job & we didn't have any insurance. This really makes me upset & mad. Dr sivkin has delivered my children & now the office made me feel like a piece of trash. I'm absolutely disgusted.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Sivkin for the last year. Hoping that things would get better. Every time I go she tells me she doesn't believe anything I say that's going on with me and that she really can't do anything about the fibroids and polyps she found in my uterus because my state ins. Does not pay her but a dollar to do things and she is worth more than that and won't do anything about pain and bleeding I am having due to the fibroids and polyps because she doesn't get paid enough. I also had been complaining about numbness and no feeling or sexual want at all after a c section as well as yeast infections. She keeps telling me it's all in my head. My husband. And with me to an appointment to hear the same things. He tried to tell her all the things going on with me and she said it doesn't matter what he says and she doesn't believe him either. This last appointment she finally agreed to do a biopsy of my cervix and uterus. I got an appointment the next week. The next day they called me saying they had to change it to 2 months later and there was no room for me. They will only give me an appointment 1-3 months out due to having state ins. And they do tell me that everytime. she is rude, pushy, and in inconsiderate about your feelings. She does not care and is only in practice for the money.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Sivkin was absolutely horrible to me. Knowing how nervous I get she showed a lack of compassion and treated me cruelly. Her exam caused me excruciating pain and left me bleeding for several hours. She threw a pad at me to use and had a smirk on her face. I actually felt like I was in shock when I left because I was shaking uncontrollably and freezing cold and holding back tears. I would NEVER recommend this practice. If there is less than 1 star I'd give her a minus. Dr. Murray left a bad impression also.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Kay Dohr on New Haven Ave instead. So nice, personable, and overall wonderful doctor. Truly the best.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I heard good things about this Dr. I just felt way too rushed, the office was outdated - and seemed dirty - so messy ! The staff was very nice. The Dr. talked about herself ... way too much - and her lab coat was really gross ! Don't think this is the place for me. Too bad.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I love Dr. Sivkin. She delivered my first child 10 years ago. I switched from another practice right after that and have been going to her ever since. She is very direct, but I like that. She is also extremely thorough and follows up with you about any concerns. If you need a specialist, she will find you the right one (and she talks to them first, before sending you there).

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Completely love her! She is an awesome doctor and makes one feel extremely comfortable. Yes, she does talk way too fast, but then again so do I!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Love dr sivkin. She's the best... Knowledgable and caring. Her follow through is wonderful albeit multiple visits to her office but I wouldn't choose anyone else

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

I've going to dr Sivkin for a long time. I LOVE her. She one of the best doctors around. It makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. Even though I moved to a different state ( not to far) I continue going to her.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

Dr. Miriam J. Sivkin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Miriam Sivkin is highly educated, with an undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan that practices in Milford, Connecticut in the New Haven County area. She has a Master's of Arts is in Psychology, and her medical degree comes from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City. In addition to being a remarkable OB/GYN, Dr. Sivkin is the only M.D who is a licensed sex therapist in the state of Connecticut. Dr. Sivkin has served as the Chief of Staff at Milford Hospital. Currently, she is a Clinical Instructor, Yale School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences. Dr. Sivkin is also one of a few physicians in the United States who have been accredited by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists. Dr. Sivkin offers over 31 years of experience as an Obstetrician and Gynecologist. In addition to caring for her patients, Dr. Sivkin helps train medical students, residents, fellows and nurse midwives in the field of sexual health. She has also presented at the national conference of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. In addition, she works with the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Connecticut providing couples seminars in intimacy and sexual health.

• French

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Milford, CT