Ratings for Dr. Rocco R. Tutela

Great doctor. Extremely helpful and detailed explaining options and things to solve problems. Very personable. I will recommend him to anyone I know. Receptionist were amazing and extremely sociable. Overall great experience. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr. Tutela performed a difficult gallbladder surgery on my 89 year old father. He was very forthright and his expertise showed in every step of the ordeal... I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

There are (or were) more than one surgeon with this name. This is a review on Rocco Tutela affiliated with Highland Park office: DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR unless you have to or are prepared to do your research and closely monitor his actions. Though he has a good bedside manor and seems to be tentative, he ignored (or missed) that my husband is on immune-system suppressing drugs. He proceeded with the surgery without taking my husband off those drugs and did not prescribe ANY antibiotics prior or during surgery. He prescribed only a very mild antibiotics 4 days after the surgery. Likely, as a result, my husband got a severe Staph infection of the wound, which took him 2 months to recover from and close the wound. The procedure was suppose to be routine. His staff is no gem either, they fussed when we requested a copy of our records. If you have other options, do not use this surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

Dr. Tutela is wonderful. He has been treating my daughter for over 5 years. She is 9 years old and has been getting reconstructive surgery as a result of a chemical burn. He is caring, sweet & my daughter loves him. He even has her picture in one of his offices. As a parent I was very nervous what the results would be after surgery. After numerous surgeries, ther results are truly a miracle. My famiy adores him & his wonderdul staff.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2008

He was really helpful and took his time to explain everything imaginable - his staff was also great. I have recommended him to a few of my friends which also loved him!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

DR. ROCCO TUTELA DID MY BREAST SURGERY LAST YEAR ON 2/13/06 AND HE WAS VERY CARING AND VERY PROFESSIONAL. HIS ENTIRE STAFF WAS VERY HELPFUL AND KIND TO ME.... I KNOW I WILL BE USING HIM FOR MY TUMMY TUCK ROCCO IS THE BEST IN NJ

flag | Submitted March 15, 2007

Dr. Rocco R. Tutela's Credentials

• Univ Di Bologna, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Bologna, Italy (Grad. 1969)

Ameritas