Ratings for Dr. Jan K. Siebersma

I was very impressed with his treatment of me, not condescending in any way. He performed a vaginal, ovary-sparing hysterectomy on my and allowed me to have a spinal block rather than full anesthesia, which was very reassuring. I think he performs within his range of expertise, and if he doesn't know much about a newer procedure, won't try it--which is goood.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

This friendly and personal OBGYN made a bad calculation on my surgery. Ended in the hospital for an additional 2 weeks. I forgave him for that but when I found out that he failed to inform me of the cyst which was left behind and consequently had to have a complete hysterectomy, I wasn’t too impressed with him. At the 6 week post Op his compassion just dried up and with a goodbye and good riddance he bid me farewell, tucking a slip for Cenestin in my hand. A bit too radical with his surgery judging from others too. Forewarned is forearmed!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2006

Dr. Jan K. Siebersma's Credentials

• Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med, Iowa City Ia 52242 (Grad. 1987)