Ratings for Dr. Suhair A. Shamoon

When I made the appointment, I told the receptionist that I had a one year old baby and I needed an evening or Saturday appointment so I could arrange for care for him. My appointment was scheduled for April and she told me she would keep me in mind for last minute openings. Friday morning she called to tell me that Saturday at 8:30 a.m. opened up. I was overdue for my cleaning so I rearranged my schedule to make it. When I got there, the hygienist spent 15 minutes taking full mouth AND bitemap x-rays. Why both were necessary at one time, I don't know. Then she measured my gums. Because I had slight bleeding she recommended a deep cleaning not covered by insurance. When I politely declined she told me that she would not do the regular cleaning because it was not what she recommended. At this point we are an hour into the appointment and I have not yet had a cleaning. I also have no option of going elsewhere since they used all of the x-rays I am allowed for the year+. When I complained to Dr. Shamoon she told me there was never any intention of doing the cleaning today. When I explained how difficult it is to get care for my son, she told me I should bring him. He is 1 year old, crawling and pulling himself up on everything. She told me she brings her 1 year old to the office all the time. I consider that to be unprofessional. In regards to the recommendation for a deep clean, she told me that they always recommend the best treatment possible whether or not it is covered by insurance. My mother worked at an orthodontist office growing up. I take amazing care of my teeth and I am always praised for their condition. If you are going to recommend out of pocket expenses I feel that you need to justify why. This place seems like a scam. My husband cancelled his appointment and I won't be back either. Run!

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

The staff and Dr are Very Knowledgable and have up to date dental instruments and knowledge! They take the extra time to sit and explain what is happening, what I need and what I don't need! The last dentist I went to didn't show half as much professionalism as this Dr and the staff at Dental Dreams where I went to First talked Over me and about inappropriate subjects best left at home or in a bar! You don't get that at Dr Shamoons office - friendly, professional, and empathic and I should know Because I have Been An RN for Nearly 20 yrs in Emergency and OR Medicine!!! And they work hard with your insurance to get the best Deal that works best for your wallet!!! Michele Costa RN

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Dr. Shamoon and her staff are so friendly and pleasant. Dr. Shamoon is very knowledgable, gentle and caring. I'm really impressed with her skills. The staff made me feel so comfortable. I've already recommended her to my friends and family and they feel the same way.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

Unpleasant experience .... She kept on recommending services I did not need.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010