Ratings for Dr. Aaron H. Magat

His staff is very rude, they talk down to you and very defensive and they have not once apologized for being rude. Recently diagnosed with breast cancer, Dr Magat and his staff totally lacking empathy. Finding a new doctor that has compassion .

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr. Magat and his staff ruined the first half of my pregnancy. I suffered with Hyperemesis Gravidarium and was so sick I could not get out of bed. Dr. Magat made me feel like I was crazy and dramatic. His staff were rude and laughed at me while I was vomiting in his office during one of my apts. They were "grossed" out and didn't offer to help me because "they might vomit too". Dr. Magat made getting treatment for my condition so difficult that I questioned my decision to have a baby all together. Dr. Magat stated that I was sick because I was overweight and that was my own choice. He would only prescribe medications when I researched them and suggested trying them and even then he made me feel like a drug seeking high maintenance patient. I lost over 25lbs while under his care but he stated that it was not a concern because I was overweight at the start of my pregnancy. On multiple occasions I asked for IV fluids due to extreme dehydration but he would refuse to order them. I was too sick to transfer my care to another doctor until about 20 weeks. The moment I switched to another OB I never looked back. I am happy to report that under the care of another doctor my Hypermesis became controlled for the second half of pregnancy and I delivered a happy healthy and beautiful baby!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

My experience with the staff has been great. They ask to see pictures of my children as they get older. The front desk even greets me by name before I sign in. Dr. Magat is very knowledgeable and professional, he is not a super sensitive I'm gonna hold your hand and caress your back but why would you want your gyn to be? Dr.Magat is great very organized and will follow up with you on results as soon as he gets them, even weekends. He displays a since of urgency when needed. he delivered my 3rd baby by csection and would not trust any other doctor to do so.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Much like what has already been said, Dr. Magat's staff members are absolutely horrible. I literally came all the way down from NY for my appointment and the secretary was tremendously unhelpful in helping me secure my appointment. She asked for my updated insurance information and after telling me she could only accept a hard copy of my card (which is bizarre) turned me away. I wouldn't have been so frustrated had she spoken to me with a little compassion and respect but she seemingly lacks in those core values and apparently treats everyone like dirt. I asked to speak with the doctor to give him feedback on his customer service and of course the secretary told me that would not be possible. Needless to say, I will not be returning and highly suggest others avoid this office as well.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Magat was very rude to me on several occasions. The only reason why I let him do a major surgery on me was because he knew my medical history and acted like he was really concerned but that was the biggest mistake I could have ever made. He did the surgery and pulled out several things he shouldn't have. When I asked him about it he begin to yell at me and got very defensive, while his staff member walked back and forth laughing. He never apologized for yelling or his rude staff. When they left the room I was in tears I have never had a doctor talk to me like that. His rude staff basically came back in the room with a smirk on her face and rushed me out for the next patient. I would never recommended him to anyone, he gives male doctor's a bad name.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

hes was very rude to me once i told him i had a family emergency. he questioned me what my emergency was and i told him and he basically told me dont come see him again. he does rush jobs and i will be reporting him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

looking for another doctor. bed side manner are not good

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

After waiting over an hour for my appointment, I feel that Doctor Magat rushed just to get me on my way. I still feel like some of the problems I had are unresolved. I'm looking for a new GYN...

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

I love my doctor would not trade him at all. very friendly and understanding :)

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

He has provided excellent care for me for the past 9 years. He also recommended a fantastic fertility specialist and then did a great job delivering my twins!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

Dr. Aaron H. Magat's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1988)

Oxford