Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Balzano

Dr. Balzano implanted a pacemaker in my Mother. About 8-10 days later, my mother felt extremely weak nd had to be transported to the hospital by EMT's. After numerous tests and being admitted, she was told that she was dehydrated and Dr. Brad Shoemaker told her the fluid showing around her heart would "diddipate". She was discharged after 1 day. About a day later, Mom began vomiting ... same symptoms. EMT's again took her to the ER ... same battery of tests. Dr. Shoemaker AGAIN said that fluid around the heart would dissipate. Eventually, it was discovered (don 't know who or how) that the the pacemaker leads were connected incorrectly and 1 (at least) was causing bleeding. My Mother got out of surgery yesterday, and I think she will be fine. I don't think I would want this guy (Balzano) installing MY pacemaker. BTW ... Dr. Fong at Venice Regional is wonderful.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012