Ratings for Dr. Kanchana R. Viswanathan

Dr. KANCHANA R. VISWANATHAN was very reluctant to increase my Armour medication even though I had physical hypothyroid symptoms.She would say my lab work was "okay", but I felt horrible! I was severely tired all the time, my hair was extremely dry & brittle. Extreme difficulty concentrating and brain fog. I told her this each time I saw her and she never did anything. I've done alot of research on life after a total thyroidectomy and she told me I don't need to change my diet. This is NOT true. I now have a sensitivity to carbs, gluten, & alcohol. She is very sweet and documented my concerns, but failed short in helping me. I know see a naturopathic doctor who has switched me over to Nature Throid. For anyone that has had a thyroidectomy or has thyroid issues I would recommend this site & book: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/ ---This book has been extremely helpful in teaching me how to deal with my thyroid issues.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

This doctor has bad reviews on other websites and since there is a Endocronolist shortage I didn't have much choice and had to wait months to go and I hoped for the best. Unfortunately, the bad reviews were warrented and this doctor was a waste of time and deserves worse reviews than given. This doctor does not care about you and your suffering and makes it clear she does not care what her patients have to say, she said that to my face as a matter of fact. Clearly since there is a shortage of doctors in this field this doctor feels she can do and say whatever she wants, patient suffering be damned. It really should be called the "hypocrital oath" in this doctors case because she is doing much harm to patients.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012