Dr. John G. Anderson

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John G. Anderson

This surgeon demonstrates exceptional expertise in traumatic ankle repair and shows compassion to pt. and family.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

I had to wait over a week to get an appointment with Dr. Anderson and then had to wait over 2 hours to see him. Dr. Eller in and consulted with me after the nurse wrote down my current symptoms of numbness in my toes, pain in my ankle and a fractured fibula. Dr. Eller came in and said that Dr. Anderson was very busy and he was going to examine me which he did very quickly. Neither he nor Dr. Anderson reviewed my x ray with me which showed a fracture. Dr. Anderson eventually came in for a 3 minute consultation in which he did not ask me about my pain level, symptoms and simply stated as he looked at Dr. Eller and stated to him that we are going to treat my fracture as a sprain. He then dictated to Dr. Eller who was his scribe that I had a history of peripheral neuropathy which neither he nor anyone else has ever diagnosed. I went back into the office 3 times to meet with his nurse, Linda and a rep who both stated that Dr. Anderson refused to amend the erroneous medical history. Shameful

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

If it wasn't for Dr. Anderson I would be a double amputee. He saved my right ankle by doing a total talus implant, which I'm the first and only person in the whole world to ever have one. Even though at the time I had I think ten other doctors none of them wanted to try anything else but he did. Dr. Anderson gave me a chance of a lifetime when all the other doctors had given up. I owe my life to Dr. Anderson, I will forever be grateful to him for all that he has done for me. I think of him as part of my family and I always will. He is a very caring, honest and smart doctor. There isn't anything he wouldn't do for his patients. One of the things I find funny about him is that my ankle to him is either our ankle or his ankle. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. :)

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

Physicians are not only care givers but are service providers too. I therefore expect good service when visiting a service provider. Waited extremely long (1 1/2 hrs). Better, more concise explanation could have been provided on issue. Communication within practice not great.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2008

Dr. Anderson performed surgery on my 12-17-2007 and treated me from the day I initially met him,to the compassion care I received from him in the hospital to my follow-up care was bar none...EXCEPTIONAL! I have seen many Doctors since my MVA, and Dr. Anderson's kindness to me went above & beyond. And one thing I appreciated not only did he care about my surgical procedure, but he was very thoughtful & mindful towards my pain because I have R.S.D. He really is one of the best doctors around!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2008

deffineatly an interesting man but extremely caring!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2006

This is a wonderful, kind, caring doctor who is extremely knowledgeable, skillful and highly trained capable. I wouldn't trade him for a million dollars. He is the expedrt in his field which generally focuses on the ankle and foot.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2006

Dr. John G. Anderson's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1989)