Ratings for Dr. John J. Pomann

Me and my 2 years baby went for a follow up to see Dr. Pomann last week (August 2014). The first time we walked into his office (about 6 weeks ago), we were scolded by the stuff for a referral that was perfect and completed but the office did not have the knowledge to check. This happened before and after the visit for no reason. I took the time to call even the referring office and reassure them all was fine. No one was smiling in the office and they were not pleasant around the baby who wanted to leave because she could feel the distress. At the first visit, the doctor told us he would send out a culture to a lab for her scalp ringworm and he never did claiming that the microscopic visual was good enough. At the second visit we waited in the actual room for 50 minutes with a baby. We were scolded again for a referral they had for no reason. When the doctor walked into the room with his assistant and another in training, I was labeled "unusual" for the fact that I called his office before about the culture and to inquire whether the recommended Lamisil cream was good for a baby ( the instructions clearly say to not use it for her condition and for a baby). I explained to him and also I mentioned about our unwelcoming experience the first time around, and he had the assistant note and label me "unhappy". We were there for a follow up. He was lecturing me for calls, questions due to the fact that I do care about my baby's health and I am not eager to just have her swallow medication. We wanted to have a proper testing which he has collected to begin with but he decided to not send out. One more thing, at the first visit he winked at us before he left. I truly am unsatisfied with this office and Dr. Pomann for lacking respect for parents, for not knowing how to connect with children, for wasting our time, for lacking communication skills and for being unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr. John J. Pomann's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)