Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

I saw several surgeons at NYU, HSS and Columbia prior to choosing Dr. Goldstein for my spine surgery. I could not be happie. Dr. Goldstein was very thorough and his care is outstanding. I could not be happier with my results after surgery.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Wonderful surgeon. Very smart and skilled. I am very pleased following surgery.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Thank you Dr. Goldstein for a great surgery. My pain is gone and I feel like new. Dr. Goldstein performed a minimally invasive surgery with a robot! He explained everything. I felt very confident having surgery with him and the hospital was great. He is very thorough, compassionate, and understanding. I can see why he is so highly sought after for surgery. I would recommend him to anyone looking for spine surgery.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Dr. Goldstein and his team were terrific. My spine surgery was a great success. Very caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

What an obnoxious doctor! Arrogant, uninterested, and unhelpful. I made a big mistake going to this doctor for my back pain. He was just not interested in answering my questions. I do not recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Goldstein by my doctor for my cervical spine. She also had surgery with Dr. Goldstein. I had artificial disc replacement and went home the same day. My pain is gone. Dr. Goldstein has been great. I appreciate his care and will also refer friends to him.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

No pain a month after spine surgery. Dr. Goldstein used a robot. Very knowledgeable and nice doctor. Nurses at the hospital are very good. I would highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Feeling wonderful. I had minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Goldstein used a robot. I went home pretty quickly and my pain is gone. Really nice doctor. Thanks!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

I am so pleased with my results following surgery. Dr. Goldstein and his team are quite caring and skilled. Very responsive. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr. Goldstein did a minimally invasive fusion on me about a year ago. I went home the next morning. I felt great right away and never looked back. I spoke to several surgeon before choosing Dr. Goldstein. My primary doctor recommended him. I flew in for the surgery. I found Dr. Goldstein to be very thoughtful and conscientious. He has a terrific team.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Goldstein is Director of the NYU Langone Medical Center Spine Service and Director of the Spine Fellowship. He is an attending surgeon in the NYU Langone Medical Center Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein has been recognized nationally and internationally as an expert and educator in minimally invasive spine surgery and artificial disc replacement. His surgical expertise includes degenerative diseases, deformity, trauma, tumors, and infections. He has been recognized by New York Magazine and Superdoctors as one of New York’s “Best Doctors” and by Castle Connolly as one of America’s Top Doctors. He has received the Patients’ Choice Award and America’s Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Dr. Goldstein is involved in the research and development of biomedical materials and devices. He also serves in an advisory capacity to the news media and several medically oriented companies. He is currently involved in several clinical trials. He has distinguished himself as a researcher and innovator and has authored book chapters and presented numerous articles globally which are published in national and international scientific journals. He was the recipient of the Leon L. Wiltse Award for the Best Overall Paper at the ISASS annual meeting. Dr. Goldstein serves on the editorial and advisory boards of The Spine Journal, The International Journal of Spine Surgery. The Global Spine Journal, The Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases and the reviewer board for Spine. He is Chief Editor for Orthopedic Surgery (Spine) Medscape Reference. He is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Goldstein is a member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS), the North American Spine Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine, the Scoliosis Research Society, the American Orthopaedic Association, and the Lumbar Spine Research Society. He serves on the Board of Directors and is Treasurer of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery. Dr. Goldstein earned his undergraduate degree from Colgate University. He attended medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction in Research. He was trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein received additional fellowship training in the treatment of disorders of the spine at the Maryland Spine Fellowship.

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)