Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

Dr Goldstein has completely changed my life! I would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone. I had been suffering with back and neck pain for around ten years, I had seen countless doctors and therapists and frankly was on the verge of giving up on living a natural pain-free life without the use of strong pain-killers. On our first consultation Dr Goldstein was very quick to identify the source of my pain. His consultations were clear, informative and ultimately incredibly successful. I had a discectomy and fusion a year ago and I can (extremely) happily say I am totally pain free now. The first two weeks after surgery are a little bit of a blur and I relied heavily on my family for support in getting around, but soon I was making rapid progress. I have had around 6 months of PT since the surgery to help the muscles recover and relax. It is really worth the disruption of having the surgery, I am back to my usual happy self again, totally pain-free!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Goldstein. I went for a second opinion. the first doctor recommended spinal fusion, but Dr, Goldstein preferred to do lumbar microdiscectomy- which is less invasive. I had it done, and now I'm fine. Very professional and knowledgeable staff, and they made me feel like "family'. If I could give Dr. Goldstein 30 stars--I would. I recommend him to anyone !

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I found Dr. Goldstein to be very thorough and compassionate. He explained everything to me and my family. I had surgery almost 2 years ago and I feel great. I don't think anyone has as much experience doing minimally invasive artificial disc replacement disc replacement as Dr. Goldstein.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I had back pain for about 10 years, but it could be tolerated until my foot started going to sleep. I looked for a no nonsense and competent doctor. I found Dr. Goldstein and gave him my short term plans. He said that I should be able to achieve them without any problems. Within a few days of a spinal fusion I was off pain medication, and the day after the 4 week post-surgery visit I went driving on a 1300 mile trip without any problems. I would definitely highly recommend Dr. Goldstein.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Amazing back surgeon! Have had chronic back pain for 30 years. Dr. Goldstein gave me my life back. He also accepted my insurance fully and even reimbursed me for one co-pay ! Thank you! Thank you!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Dr. Goldstein helped me return to ME. I went through all the steps (PT, Epdurals, etc) but was just getting worse. After surgery, I felt immediate results. I am just approaching 5 weeks post open and I feel great. My family is greatfull as well because was miserable company to be around. I'm an active 55 yr old and suddenly i felt 100. Dr. Goldstein cured that! I no longer have pain. I'm a little sore after PT but that goes away within an hour. I have my life back!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Dr Goldstein gave me my life. After a year of failed treatments (acupuncture,massage, PT, meds) to help ease my excruciating back pain caused by herniated discs, I was referred to Dr Goldstein for surgery. I had avoided the surgery option at all costs and both my wife and I were apprehensive.After our first visit to see the Dr. we were put at ease and we came away knowing that I was in excellent hands from a truly skilled professional.Surgery day was a breeze and the follow up excellent. A+ care

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. Goldstein was very thorough and kind. He is clearly one of the most knowledgeable spine surgeons in the field. After he performed minimally invasive spine surgery I went back to work and I feel great. I appreciate his compassion and skill.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I am a 70-year old and have just had my 2nd spinal surgery this year with Dr. Jeffrey A Goldstein. He is extremely skilled as a surgeon. My cervical (in late March, 2016) and my lumbar (early September 2016) are now freed of pain, and I can't thank him enough. I do not expect him to spend time hold my hand, I expect competence, courtesy and within that is where you will find his caring. I feel he has given me my life back for going into my more senior years.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I was suffering severely from back pain which curtailed my daily activities. I was fortunate to have been referred to Dr, Jeffrey Goldstein for lower back surgery which was performed a year ago. I am incredibly happy with the results. Now, at age 75, I am free of pain and leading a full life. I am so thankful of Dr. Goldstein expertise, kind and gentle work with his patients. I give him five stars and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Goldstein is Director of the NYU Langone Medical Center Spine Service and Director of the Spine Fellowship. He is an attending surgeon in the NYU Langone Medical Center Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein has been recognized nationally and internationally as an expert and educator in minimally invasive spine surgery and artificial disc replacement. His surgical expertise includes degenerative diseases, deformity, trauma, tumors, and infections. He has been recognized by New York Magazine and Superdoctors as one of New York’s “Best Doctors” and by Castle Connolly as one of America’s Top Doctors. He has received the Patients’ Choice Award and America’s Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Dr. Goldstein is involved in the research and development of biomedical materials and devices. He also serves in an advisory capacity to the news media and several medically oriented companies. He is currently involved in several clinical trials. He has distinguished himself as a researcher and innovator and has authored book chapters and presented numerous articles globally which are published in national and international scientific journals. He was the recipient of the Leon L. Wiltse Award for the Best Overall Paper at the ISASS annual meeting. Dr. Goldstein serves on the editorial and advisory boards of The Spine Journal, The International Journal of Spine Surgery. The Global Spine Journal, The Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases and the reviewer board for Spine. He is Chief Editor for Orthopedic Surgery (Spine) Medscape Reference. He is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Goldstein is a member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS), the North American Spine Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine, the Scoliosis Research Society, the American Orthopaedic Association, and the Lumbar Spine Research Society. He serves on the Board of Directors and is Treasurer of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery. Dr. Goldstein earned his undergraduate degree from Colgate University. He attended medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction in Research. He was trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein received additional fellowship training in the treatment of disorders of the spine at the Maryland Spine Fellowship.

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)