Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

This guy sucks. You want someone who is going to make you feel taken care of and this is not the kind of doctor who is going to do that.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

Highly recommended. Very Good experience, was direct about pros and cons of treatment options and am very glad I had him directing my spinal surgery and care.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

After meeting several of the nest surgeons from around the country I chose Dr. Goldstein for my spine surgery. Surgery was a great success. Dr. Goldstein is a great surgeon and very skilled and caring. Well worth the trip.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Great experience. Wonderful surgeon and team. I appreciate Dr. Goldstein's compassion, skill and knowledge. He is a very nice doctor. Now I am back to normal with no pain after my recovery from surgery. He used the spine robot and I had a minimally invasive operation. Thanks!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

I had debilitating pain. I tried a bunch of treatment including therapy and some cortisone shots. Dr. Goldstein did an artificial disc and now I feel great. I appreciate his time and expertise. He has a really nice team and he made me feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

I went to Dr. Goldstein as I suffer from chronic back pain and was hoping he could help me. I made a 10 AM appointment with him and was looking forward to getting help. After arriving early, I was told they had me down for 10:15, so I would need to wait a little longer- which was very frustrating as I took their first available appointment of the day. Finally, I was seen at 10:50 AM by an assistant. The assistant asked me 100 questions before I had my x-rays taken. After taking my x-rays, Dr. Goldstein finally appeared after waiting another 20 minutes. He spent just a few minutes with me and was clearly trying to cut off my appointment and move on as he would not answer any of my questions I came prepared with, and hastily gave me a goodbye hug to indicate he was leaving. Dr. Goldstein told me he would be back to wrap up, however after waiting 20 minutes in the room, no one ever came. I left the room to figure out where I should go next and came across the assistant who questioned me at the beginning of my appointment. He similarly was not interested in helping and instead told me I should settle up at the desk as the doctor was not going to be returning. When I went to wrap up with the receptionist, she was unbelievably rude and spoke over me to her friend in the next room as I was providing her with my personal information. My entire appointment was such a waste of time, I left VERY disappointed, and I would not recommend this practice or doctor to anybody. To make matters even worse, when I received my requested Doctor's notes and x-rays in the mail, my notes were incorrect and inadequate. There were tests on there I did not receive, and notes that were untrue.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I saw several surgeons at NYU, HSS and Columbia prior to choosing Dr. Goldstein for my spine surgery. I could not be happie. Dr. Goldstein was very thorough and his care is outstanding. I could not be happier with my results after surgery.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Wonderful surgeon. Very smart and skilled. I am very pleased following surgery.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Thank you Dr. Goldstein for a great surgery. My pain is gone and I feel like new. Dr. Goldstein performed a minimally invasive surgery with a robot! He explained everything. I felt very confident having surgery with him and the hospital was great. He is very thorough, compassionate, and understanding. I can see why he is so highly sought after for surgery. I would recommend him to anyone looking for spine surgery.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Dr. Goldstein and his team were terrific. My spine surgery was a great success. Very caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Goldstein is Director of the NYU Langone Medical Center Spine Service and Director of the Spine Fellowship. He is an attending surgeon in the NYU Langone Medical Center Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein has been recognized nationally and internationally as an expert and educator in minimally invasive spine surgery and artificial disc replacement. His surgical expertise includes degenerative diseases, deformity, trauma, tumors, and infections. He has been recognized by New York Magazine and Superdoctors as one of New York’s “Best Doctors” and by Castle Connolly as one of America’s Top Doctors. He has received the Patients’ Choice Award and America’s Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Dr. Goldstein is involved in the research and development of biomedical materials and devices. He also serves in an advisory capacity to the news media and several medically oriented companies. He is currently involved in several clinical trials. He has distinguished himself as a researcher and innovator and has authored book chapters and presented numerous articles globally which are published in national and international scientific journals. He was the recipient of the Leon L. Wiltse Award for the Best Overall Paper at the ISASS annual meeting. Dr. Goldstein serves on the editorial and advisory boards of The Spine Journal, The International Journal of Spine Surgery. The Global Spine Journal, The Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases and the reviewer board for Spine. He is Chief Editor for Orthopedic Surgery (Spine) Medscape Reference. He is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Goldstein is a member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS), the North American Spine Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine, the Scoliosis Research Society, the American Orthopaedic Association, and the Lumbar Spine Research Society. He serves on the Board of Directors and is Treasurer of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery. Dr. Goldstein earned his undergraduate degree from Colgate University. He attended medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction in Research. He was trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein received additional fellowship training in the treatment of disorders of the spine at the Maryland Spine Fellowship.

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)

HealthPartners