Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

I have been having severe lower back pain for the past six years. The pain became unbearable, often radiating to my entire left leg which sometimes becomes numb and tingling. I was initially able to manage the pain with several prescribed medications and epidural injections. However, the situation became worse until I was examined by Dr. Goldstein and his medical team. After a thorough examination of my condition, Dr. Goldstein recommended some form of lumbar spinal surgery which was successfully performed on me recently at NYULangone. The entire team was very professional and treated me with courtesy. I am happy to report that the back pain is virtually non-existent. I can now stand straight and move around without fear of falling. I recommend anybody suffering from severe back pain to visit Dr. Goldstein for consultation. I was hesitant before my procedure but now I have no regrets for having the surgery.

Submitted June 27, 2017

I have lower back pain for past couple months. Did injection & therapy nothing helped. Last result was surgery. I met Dr. Goldstein he explained everything to me. I did surgery on April 27, 2017. Still in therapy. I want say thank you he helped me so much. No more pain. He's phenomenal Dr.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

After 40 years of doing everything but surgery for sciatica pain all agreed that i no longer had any choice. I woke up after spinal fusion surgery by Dr Goldstein with no pain down my leg. i was released the next day from the hospital and was on pain meds for only 3 days. it is now less than 4 weeks since my surgery and i am amazed at my rapid recovery. I am certainly happy I chose Dr Goldstein as my surgeon

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Where do I begin? At the end.....Dr. Goldstein took away my pain! He did it with his wonderful staff, experience in his field, caring bedside manner and professionalism. My appointments had little to no wait as Dr. Goldstein spent a significant amount of time explaining my neck injury, what needed to be done and how the rehab would go. My cervical fusion was textbook and my recovery a success as I returned to work, the gym and virtually all activities. Im only 3 months post surgery and the healing continues. I owe Dr Goldstein a million thank yous!!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Goldstein performed cervical disc replacements on my husband. We were very happy with Dr. Goldstein's outstanding care and surgical skills. The Hospital for Joint Diseases, where the surgery happened, was top notch as well.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I am chief of cardiology at my hospital. I traveled across the country for surgery with Dr. Goldstein. The care I received from Dr. Goldstein and his team was superb. It was well worth the trip to see him in NYC for my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr Goldstein has completely changed my life! I would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone. I had been suffering with back and neck pain for around ten years, I had seen countless doctors and therapists and frankly was on the verge of giving up on living a natural pain-free life without the use of strong pain-killers. On our first consultation Dr Goldstein was very quick to identify the source of my pain. His consultations were clear, informative and ultimately incredibly successful. I had a discectomy and fusion a year ago and I can (extremely) happily say I am totally pain free now. The first two weeks after surgery are a little bit of a blur and I relied heavily on my family for support in getting around, but soon I was making rapid progress. I have had around 6 months of PT since the surgery to help the muscles recover and relax. It is really worth the disruption of having the surgery, I am back to my usual happy self again, totally pain-free!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Goldstein. I went for a second opinion. the first doctor recommended spinal fusion, but Dr, Goldstein preferred to do lumbar microdiscectomy- which is less invasive. I had it done, and now I'm fine. Very professional and knowledgeable staff, and they made me feel like "family'. If I could give Dr. Goldstein 30 stars--I would. I recommend him to anyone !

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I found Dr. Goldstein to be very thorough and compassionate. He explained everything to me and my family. I had surgery almost 2 years ago and I feel great. I don't think anyone has as much experience doing minimally invasive artificial disc replacement disc replacement as Dr. Goldstein.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I had back pain for about 10 years, but it could be tolerated until my foot started going to sleep. I looked for a no nonsense and competent doctor. I found Dr. Goldstein and gave him my short term plans. He said that I should be able to achieve them without any problems. Within a few days of a spinal fusion I was off pain medication, and the day after the 4 week post-surgery visit I went driving on a 1300 mile trip without any problems. I would definitely highly recommend Dr. Goldstein.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Goldstein is Director of the NYU Langone Medical Center Spine Service and Director of the Spine Fellowship. He is an attending surgeon in the NYU Langone Medical Center Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein has been recognized nationally and internationally as an expert and educator in minimally invasive spine surgery and artificial disc replacement. His surgical expertise includes degenerative diseases, deformity, trauma, tumors, and infections. He has been recognized by New York Magazine and Superdoctors as one of New York’s “Best Doctors” and by Castle Connolly as one of America’s Top Doctors. He has received the Patients’ Choice Award and America’s Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Dr. Goldstein is involved in the research and development of biomedical materials and devices. He also serves in an advisory capacity to the news media and several medically oriented companies. He is currently involved in several clinical trials. He has distinguished himself as a researcher and innovator and has authored book chapters and presented numerous articles globally which are published in national and international scientific journals. He was the recipient of the Leon L. Wiltse Award for the Best Overall Paper at the ISASS annual meeting. Dr. Goldstein serves on the editorial and advisory boards of The Spine Journal, The International Journal of Spine Surgery. The Global Spine Journal, The Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases and the reviewer board for Spine. He is Chief Editor for Orthopedic Surgery (Spine) Medscape Reference. He is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Goldstein is a member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS), the North American Spine Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine, the Scoliosis Research Society, the American Orthopaedic Association, and the Lumbar Spine Research Society. He serves on the Board of Directors and is Treasurer of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery. Dr. Goldstein earned his undergraduate degree from Colgate University. He attended medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction in Research. He was trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein received additional fellowship training in the treatment of disorders of the spine at the Maryland Spine Fellowship.

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)

Banner Health