Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

I went through physical therapy and injections. I was obviously intimidated by surgery but my doctor told me that Dr. Goldstein´s patients had great results. I had minimally invasive surgery and was back to work in a few days and had no pain. I cannot tell you how happy I am. My doctor sent me to Dr. Goldstein. I went through physical therapy and had injections. I was obviously intimidated by surgery but Dr. Goldstein made me feel safe and secure. He was very compassionate. I had minimally invasive surgery and went back to work in a few days...PAIN FREE!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

I had a microdiscectomy and went from living in chronic pain to zero pain. Also, I was in and out in a matter of hours. The followup with Dr. Goldstein and his staff has been overwhelmingly great. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Goldstein is very caring and skilled. He gave me my life back after minimally invasive surgery. I really appreciate what he has done for me and the time he spent with me.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I had disc replacement in my neck and feel awesome thanks to Dr. Goldstein. Very caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Feeling great after artificial disc replacement in my neck. Two levels and no more pain. I played basketball yesterday with my son. Dr. Goldstein is very knowledgeable and caring. NYU was great.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I had minimally invasive surgery. My pain is gone and I'm back at work. What a great feeling. Dr. Goldstein is a very knowledgeable, honest and compassionate surgeon who is quite skilled.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I had surgery for stenosis and herniated disks six month ago, after four years of pain. I’m only sorry I waited so long. The pain in my legs that kept me from activity is gone. I was back at work in two weeks. All that is left is a little stiffness in the back, which continues to improve. I was nervous about the operation because outcomes vary, but my fears were groundless.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

It's hard to remember how bad I felt prior to my surgery with Dr. Goldstein. I really appreciate his care, skill, compassion and warmth. My recovery following minimally invasive surgery was quick and complete.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

So here I am on Christmas Eve with my family enjoying a blessed pain free time. I have to thank Dr. Goldstein for his skill, empathy and compassion. Six years ago I had minimally invasive spine surgery and I remain thankful every day.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Dr.Goldstein and his entire staff are excellent in every way. I was so afraid of having spinal surgery, but his professionalism and skill made it so well worth it. I did have spinal fusion, and after 5 weeks, I feel great! I had 3 consultations with 3 doctors, and I thank God I selected Dr. Goldstein. He's very compassionate and thorough, and so was his staff.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Goldstein is Director of the NYU Langone Medical Center Spine Service and Director of the Spine Fellowship. He is an attending surgeon in the NYU Langone Medical Center Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein has been recognized nationally and internationally as an expert and educator in minimally invasive spine surgery and artificial disc replacement. His surgical expertise includes degenerative diseases, deformity, trauma, tumors, and infections. He has been recognized by New York Magazine and Superdoctors as one of New York’s “Best Doctors” and by Castle Connolly as one of America’s Top Doctors. He has received the Patients’ Choice Award and America’s Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Dr. Goldstein is involved in the research and development of biomedical materials and devices. He also serves in an advisory capacity to the news media and several medically oriented companies. He is currently involved in several clinical trials. He has distinguished himself as a researcher and innovator and has authored book chapters and presented numerous articles globally which are published in national and international scientific journals. He was the recipient of the Leon L. Wiltse Award for the Best Overall Paper at the ISASS annual meeting. Dr. Goldstein serves on the editorial and advisory boards of The Spine Journal, The International Journal of Spine Surgery. The Global Spine Journal, The Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases and the reviewer board for Spine. He is Chief Editor for Orthopedic Surgery (Spine) Medscape Reference. He is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Goldstein is a member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS), the North American Spine Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine, the Scoliosis Research Society, the American Orthopaedic Association, and the Lumbar Spine Research Society. He serves on the Board of Directors and is Treasurer of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery. Dr. Goldstein earned his undergraduate degree from Colgate University. He attended medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction in Research. He was trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein received additional fellowship training in the treatment of disorders of the spine at the Maryland Spine Fellowship.

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)