You may also like

Rate Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein's Ratings

I had a minimally invasive fusion and my pain is gone. Thanks Dr. Goldstein for being there for me. I appreciate my doctor sending me to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2907677].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2015

I had minimally invasive spine surgery with Dr. Goldstein almost 6 weeks ago. Prior to surgery I could not even walk. Now I can play with my kids and work without any pain. I also appreciate his warmth and kindness. He made me feel very comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2907338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2015

After a long history of neck and arm pain I am now pain free. Dr. Goldstein was both professional and courteous. He is very empathetic. He operated on several of my friends and was recommended by both of my doctors. I am thankful for his caring and skill and would highly recommend him. It's nice to now be pain free and back playing sports.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2907043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2015

Dr. Goldstein gave me my life back! I went to him after my insurance did not approve a more aggressive surgery recommended by another doctor. I was walking with a cane and could barely walk half a block. Dr. Goldstein said that he agreed with the insurance and recommended a less invasive surgery, which his staff scheduled right away. I came out of surgery walking without a cane and no pain. It's been a month since the surgery and I feel great. He is a great surgeon, he's a good listener and cares very much for his patients. His staff is also great, his offices are very nice and NYU is a fabulous hospital with caring staff. I highly recommend Dr. Goldstein.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2896260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2015

I came to Dr. Goldstein with severe pain. I tried physical therapy and even had steroid injections. I saw several spine surgeons and my doctor referred me to Dr. Goldstein. I had minimally invasive spines surgery and went back to work the following week. I have no pain and just came back from vacation with my family. Thanks Dr. Goldstein for being so caring and for your skill and compassion. I can see why my doctor told me to have my surgery with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2869670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I had a discectomy and fusion at C5-C6 after having right neck and shoulder pain for 2.5 years. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. Dr. Goldstein and his associates as well as the staff at Hospital for Joint Disease took very good care of me. I stayed in the hospital overnight and was up walking around the next day. I only took a week off from work as an Insurance Account Manager and was able to work from home the following week. I'm still getting PT for muscle strain from surgery but it is improving every day. I would recommend Dr. Goldstein to anyone with degenerative disc disease and other back pain issues. He is also very nice and doesn't treat you like a hypochondriac.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2814137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I went to see Dr.Goldstein for a second opinion after being informed by my Long Island Orthopedist that I would need a complicated spinal fusion. I was very pleased with his staff prior to my appointment they were extremely professional and were able to arrange the appointment in less than a week. I was in an extreme amount of pain and unable to walk more than a few steps. Dr. Goldstein examined me, read my MRI and told me that my L-3 level disc was herniated and that a discectomy was all that was needed. I was scheduled for surgery within a week and it was performed in the morning and I was released in the afternoon. It's been a slow, steady recovery (six weeks since surgery) and other that some discomfort and leg sensitivity I've experienced no pain. I'm very grateful to have been a patient of Dr. Goldstein. He has a great bedside manner and his honesty and clarity made me feel very at ease. I would highly recommend him to anyone experiencing back pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

after years of back pain,sciatica,and hospital stays i went to seaport orthopedics and was sent for an mri.the mri showed severe herniations on the l1-l2 level,canal stenosis and a hematoma.Dr Goldstein recommended immediate surgery-discectomy and spinal decompression.at first i was nervous but put my trust in such a decorated surgeon.the procedure involved around a 3 inch vertical incision.i was put out with anesthesia and woke up 3 hours later to bearable pain but no reaction at all to the anesthesia.its been 4 weeks now and no infection (which i was worried about being diabetic)and its still healing.i was released the same day as the surgery since i was able to walk.i wont lie,there have been good days and bad days but he did a fantastic job.i dont feel the sciatica down my leg and im sure as the months go by i will feel less nerve pressure and hopefully less reoccurences.i feel he gave me the right advice and am very thankful for the great job and all the help he has provided.i highly recommend him and his staff for anybody with spine issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

After after suffering sciatic pain and discomfort for about six years, visited Dr. Goldstein and was referred to pain management and was treated, helped little. Then did acupuncture treatment in Panama, sciatic pain radiated to feet. After a year returned to Dr. Goldstein who
asked if I was ready for surgery, gave my yes was operated on 09/11/14 and been pain free after physical therapy and able to walk 15 blocks with having to stop and strechout my back,
best Dr. in the business, can not wait for a full recovery from back-fusion on 3-5. Thank you
Dr. Goldstein

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2679051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2015

after many surgical opinions dr Goldstein was the only one who diagnosed me accurately. I was suffering from sever spinal stenosis for approx. one year and could not walk more then 10feet. Dr Goldstein performed spinal surgery and within 10weeks I was hitting Golfballs. Thank you Dr Goldstein.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2657443].votes_count ]]