Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

Because of referrals and his reputation I flew in from LA to have surgery with Dr. Goldstein. Following my neck surgery 2 years ago I feel great. Dr. Goldstein is both professional and compassionate. Clearly a leader in his field. My family and I will be forever grateful. Thanks!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2019

Great experience with a gifted surgeon. I could net be happier with my results. Very compassionate. Glad my doctor referred me to Dr. Goldstein.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2019

He really cared about me! Surgery was a great success. I feel very lucky to have been referred to Dr. Goldstein

flag | Submitted July 30, 2019

After months of pain I had a cervical artificial disc replacement with Dr. Goldstein. I left the hospital the same day and was pain free. What a remarkable experience by a great doctor!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2019

Picking a spine surgeon was a daunting task. I successfully chose Dr. Goldstein and had a great result. He is caring, compassionate and highly skilled. I feel terrific. Thanks!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2019

Dr. Goldstein did a fantastic job. Made me feel comfortable and was well informed. I met with several surgeons in NYC and chose Dr. Goldstein for my artificial disc replacement and minimally invasive surgery. Glad my doctor recommended him. I feel wonderful! Thanks

flag | Submitted April 5, 2019

It’s been a couple years since I had my artifial disc reply Dr. Goldstein. I feel great. I went home the same day and my pain was gone. Dr. Goldstein was terrific. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

A surgeon's surgeon. As a surgeon myself I sought out Dr. Goldstein and am very grateful. I feel great and I am back to work without pain. Thanks to Dr. Goldstein and his caring staff.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2019

Thrilled to have had such a preeminent surgeon take care of me. I could not be happier with the care Dr. Goldstein. Dr. Goldstein was thorough, knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. Well worth the travel to New York.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2019

I can't say enough about Dr. Goldstein. After having gone for several opinions I was recommended to Dr. Goldstein by at least 3 other patients who he operated on as well as my own doctor. I found Dr. Goldstein to be very thoughtful and patient. Due to his expertise and skill I am now doing great almost 3 years following surgery. Truly a doctor's doctor.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Goldstein is Director of the NYU Langone Medical Center Spine Service and Director of the Spine Fellowship. He is an attending surgeon in the NYU Langone Medical Center Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein has been recognized nationally and internationally as an expert and educator in minimally invasive spine surgery and artificial disc replacement. His surgical expertise includes degenerative diseases, deformity, trauma, tumors, and infections. He has been recognized by New York Magazine and Superdoctors as one of New York’s “Best Doctors” and by Castle Connolly as one of America’s Top Doctors. He has received the Patients’ Choice Award and America’s Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Dr. Goldstein is involved in the research and development of biomedical materials and devices. He also serves in an advisory capacity to the news media and several medically oriented companies. He is currently involved in several clinical trials. He has distinguished himself as a researcher and innovator and has authored book chapters and presented numerous articles globally which are published in national and international scientific journals. He was the recipient of the Leon L. Wiltse Award for the Best Overall Paper at the ISASS annual meeting. Dr. Goldstein serves on the editorial and advisory boards of The Spine Journal, The International Journal of Spine Surgery. The Global Spine Journal, The Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases and the reviewer board for Spine. He is Chief Editor for Orthopedic Surgery (Spine) Medscape Reference. He is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Goldstein is a member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS), the North American Spine Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine, the Scoliosis Research Society, the American Orthopaedic Association, and the Lumbar Spine Research Society. He serves on the Board of Directors and is Treasurer of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery. Dr. Goldstein earned his undergraduate degree from Colgate University. He attended medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction in Research. He was trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein received additional fellowship training in the treatment of disorders of the spine at the Maryland Spine Fellowship.

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)