Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein

I was suffering severely from back pain which curtailed my daily activities. I was fortunate to have been referred to Dr, Jeffrey Goldstein for lower back surgery which was performed a year ago. I am incredibly happy with the results. Now, at age 75, I am free of pain and leading a full life. I am so thankful of Dr. Goldstein expertise, kind and gentle work with his patients. I give him five stars and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

After seeing many top surgeons I chose Dr. Goldstein to do my surgery. I felt he really cared. I spoke with other patients he operated on who were very happy. I found him to be very thorough. I was in pretty bad shape before surgery. Dr. Goldstein calmed my fears and made me comfortable. It has been 4 years since my surgery and I couldn't feel better! He was great and NYU is a terrific hospital.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Feeling great after neck surgery with artificial disc replacement. Great doctor. Very caring. Nice hospital.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I went through physical therapy and injections. I was obviously intimidated by surgery but my doctor told me that Dr. Goldstein's patients had great results. I had minimally invasive surgery and was back to work in a few days and had no pain. I cannot tell you how happy I am.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

Dr. Goldstein did a 2 level artificial disc replacement in my neck. No more pain! I went one the same day and back to work in a few days. His office and NYU were also great.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Waited three hours He saw me for five minutes. Surgery was three hours late. He spoke to me for five minutes. Post surgical visit was one month later spoke to me for 5 minutes. I am not exaggerating these times. Did not tell me who would remove my surgical dressings or how post op would go. Most importantly he botched the kyphoplastly he performed. For nine months afterward I could only sit up for an hour at a time. He only put glue on the sides NOT IN THE MIDDLE. I finally found a reputable doctor who diagnosed the problem and redid the kyphoplasty. The next day I was able to sit up again normally. THere is no excuse for his lack of communication and more importantly his inability to correctly perform a simple one hour out patient procedure. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I flew to New York to have surgery with Dr. Goldstein and flew back to Europe pain free. I completely understand why he has an international following.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

I went through physical therapy and injections. I was obviously intimidated by surgery but my doctor told me that Dr. Goldstein´s patients had great results. I had minimally invasive surgery and was back to work in a few days and had no pain. I cannot tell you how happy I am. My doctor sent me to Dr. Goldstein. I went through physical therapy and had injections. I was obviously intimidated by surgery but Dr. Goldstein made me feel safe and secure. He was very compassionate. I had minimally invasive surgery and went back to work in a few days...PAIN FREE!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

I had a microdiscectomy and went from living in chronic pain to zero pain. Also, I was in and out in a matter of hours. The followup with Dr. Goldstein and his staff has been overwhelmingly great. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Goldstein is very caring and skilled. He gave me my life back after minimally invasive surgery. I really appreciate what he has done for me and the time he spent with me.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Jeffrey A. Goldstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Goldstein is Director of the NYU Langone Medical Center Spine Service and Director of the Spine Fellowship. He is an attending surgeon in the NYU Langone Medical Center Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein has been recognized nationally and internationally as an expert and educator in minimally invasive spine surgery and artificial disc replacement. His surgical expertise includes degenerative diseases, deformity, trauma, tumors, and infections. He has been recognized by New York Magazine and Superdoctors as one of New York’s “Best Doctors” and by Castle Connolly as one of America’s Top Doctors. He has received the Patients’ Choice Award and America’s Most Compassionate Doctor Award. Dr. Goldstein is involved in the research and development of biomedical materials and devices. He also serves in an advisory capacity to the news media and several medically oriented companies. He is currently involved in several clinical trials. He has distinguished himself as a researcher and innovator and has authored book chapters and presented numerous articles globally which are published in national and international scientific journals. He was the recipient of the Leon L. Wiltse Award for the Best Overall Paper at the ISASS annual meeting. Dr. Goldstein serves on the editorial and advisory boards of The Spine Journal, The International Journal of Spine Surgery. The Global Spine Journal, The Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases and the reviewer board for Spine. He is Chief Editor for Orthopedic Surgery (Spine) Medscape Reference. He is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Goldstein is a member of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS), the North American Spine Society, the Cervical Spine Research Society, the International Society for Study of the Lumbar Spine, the Scoliosis Research Society, the American Orthopaedic Association, and the Lumbar Spine Research Society. He serves on the Board of Directors and is Treasurer of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery. Dr. Goldstein earned his undergraduate degree from Colgate University. He attended medical school at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and graduated Summa Cum Laude with Distinction in Research. He was trained in Orthopaedic Surgery in Cleveland, Ohio at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Dr. Goldstein received additional fellowship training in the treatment of disorders of the spine at the Maryland Spine Fellowship.

• Spanish

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)

Molina