Ratings for Dr. Nils G. Stenman

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Stenman during my labor and delivery as well as post partum care. He did everything possible to make my plan of a vaginal delivery possible and was always compassionate. He delivered our first little girl with the least stress possible. He was encouraging throughout the entire delivery and I will always remember that. Wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Although he seems knowledgeable and courteous his bedside manner is lacking. He introduced himself and then just went silent. It seemed he was waiting for me to initiate the conversation even though I was the patient there to see him. It was very awkward. Hoping he is not on duty when I go into labor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I gave him 5 stars because he listened, didn't rush me out, he explained very clearly what problems I was having, this was my first visit, and yes I would see him again

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013

I saw Dr. Stenman while he was still at OBGYN of Lancaster. I was 37 weeks pregnant and experiencing dizziness, blurred vision, tingling in my hands, and swelling of my hands and feet. Another doctor in the practice ordered blood work, which was unfortunately read by Dr. Stenman. Although he noticed that my platelet count was very low and told me of this, he also told me not to worry. He said that symptoms I was having were unrelated to my low platelet count and suggested that I drink Gatorade when I have them. Less than one week later I had to have an emergency c-section because I had developed HELLP Syndrome. I was told that my condition was so bad that there was a very high chance I would bleed out during surgery. According to every bit of research I can find, an OB's first move after discovering that a patient has a low platelet count SHOULD BE to order further bloodwork to confirm the diagnosis and deliver the baby. Dr. Stenman DID NOT do this and nearly cost me my life.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2011

I absolutely love Dr Stenman. The first time I saw him was in triage. I was pregnant and bleeding. He was so kind and helpful. I ended up losing the baby and he was the one I saw when I found out. He was so considerate of my feelings. Since then I've requested to see him when I need to see a doctor. He delivered my son this winter. I'm having surgery in the next month. I wanted Dr Stenman to do it, but his schedule was booked. I'm very disappointed. I know he would take care of me. My only complaint is his schedule, but other than that, I think he is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

I went to see Dr.Stenman for an IUI. He seemed like he was very awkward and uncomfortable. He just kept looking at me and asking if I was alright before he was going to begin. He gave me the impression that he was new to the field. However, he has been a doctor for a few years.I asked him a few questions and he didn't seem certain of his answer.I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I saw Dr. Stenman for an emergency and he was awesome! He was so helpful and kind. I highly recommend Dr. Stenman to everyone. If I was going to have another baby I would ask for him for all my prenatal visits. I wish he would have joined May/Grant a few years sooner. Can't say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Dr. Stenman delivered my daughter in August of 2008, my first child. I felt like he was very compentent and made me feel at ease. At my follow up appointment he took plenty of time to answer all my questions and he seemed easy to talk to. I think he is a great doctor. The only thing I don't like about Lancaster OBGYN is that it is such a huge practice. You have no say who is going to end up delivering your baby. Whichever doctor/midwife is on call is who you get. Although I will say all the doctors/midwives I talked to seemed very professional and helpful I think my next pregnancy I will try a smaller practice.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2009

Unlike the other reviews, I was dissappointed with Dr. Stenman's personality. I had a miscarriage and did not need another person moping around me. When I went for my 2 week check-up, he hadn't read my file and asked questions that were answered in the file. Yes, miscarriages are unfortunate, but I needed to move on and not have people feeling sorry for me. I felt like I was expected to loose it at my appointment and cry everywhere. That behavior/attitude just isn't me, so yes I have changed organizations to go for my OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

Very compassionate, knowledgable, and kind. I never have to wait long for him to arrive, and on top of that, I have never felt rushed at any appt. He is an extremely respectful doctor who listens well and answers questions thoroughly. He did a superb job with my surgery. He's a really down-to-earth human being, which unfortunately isn't always easy to find in the medical profession. In the past, I have preferred seeing women for ob/gyn concerns, but Dr. Stenman is the best I've found in this field by far!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2007

Dr. Nils G. Stenman's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 2001)

Champ Va