Ratings for Dr. Travis C. Burns

Outstanding physician. Very knowledgeable and helpful in all aspects of the surgery he performed on me. Could not have asked for a better doctor to perform this surgery. Also very accommodating for post operative appointments.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Couldn't be more pleased with an outcome! Dr. Burns performed a total shoulder replacement on me last year, and 6 months later I had full mobility, strength, and best of all - no pain! I would recommend this doctor to anyone who has the ability to choose the best surgeon I have ever had. I rated the staff with 2 stars, because of the lack of communication with the office assistant and their unwillingness to communicate with me either by phone or email. Never even an acknowledgement of receipt of an email. I ended up contacting the patient advocate office 2 times in the past 6 months for their help.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr Burns has been a tremendous help and inspiration for me. I have been an avid athlete with running and biking at a championship level. With severe cartilage damage, he proposed a process (High Tibia Osteotomy coupled with an Arthro Surface implant) which would delay the inevitable knee replacement while keeping me off the sidelines and remain in the competition. His follow up and continued guidance has proven successful as I am back to a near competitive level in less than 8 months. I recommend him to any serious athletes who are not ready to concede to body ailments yet. :) I am 51 and still going strong --- Superman!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

He is amazing and extremely helpful. However, I feel that he is over booked by the department and that is not fair to the patient.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

it has been 2 years since i had a total right shoulder replacement that was done by Dr Burns and his staff ,i have as much motion as i use to have prior to the surgery but with out the pain.My scar is barely visible and i forget that i had shoulder replacement except for when i set of the alarm when going thru the security check point at the airport.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

It's been 6 months since shoulder labrum repair surgery. I am back playing softball with my travel team with no pain and will go on to play college softball in the SEC.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

It's been 4 months and 19 days since my FAI labral tear surgery and this morning I ran a 15:29 2 mile run. I am still building my muscles, flexibility, and endurance back up but I am pain free.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr Burns has performed both a left and right reverse total shoulder replacement for me over the past three and a half years and both have been fully successful. As expected, there are some limitations; however, I have a great range of motion but best of all, I am pain free and able to do most things I want to do. He is a highly skilled professional who is not only interested in the well being of his patients but also their families. I continue to see him for follow ups and would highly recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

It had proved necessary to have a partial replacement for my right shoulder. This was done off base and left me with major problems and constant pain. Ultimately it was found that the implant was the wrong size and caused pain and erosion of the bone. This required a second surgery which was again...done by a civilian doctor. This surgery was also a failure. It was then that I was referred to Dr. Burns by my PCP. What a difference! The level of care and professionalism was astronomically better. I went home the day after the surgery and my shoulder steadily improved. After dealing with constant and often intense pain for over two years the relief following the surgery by Dr. Burns was far beyond what I had dared hope for. Today I go about my normal activities and rarely even think about the fact that my right shoulder is artificial. After having had three replacements of that right shoulder I believe I am in a position to make a comparison and if I were asked to recommend a surgeon for a shoulder replacement I would recommend Dr. Burns without hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

I had had severe hip pain for over 6 years when I was sent to Dr Burns. Dr Burns did a thorough examination of my hip. He first tried conservative treatments (physical therapy, steroid injections, etc.) which failed to alleviate the pain. He then offered surgery to clean up the joint and remove the bursa that was causing the pain. Dr Burns and his staff made sure I was aware of all the risks and even the risk that the surgery might not help the pain. I elected to have the surgery. After surgery the post surgery pain was already better than the pre surgery pain. After surgery he followed me through the physical therapy and healing process. He and his staff showed a genuine concern for my welfare and healing process. I highly recommend Dr Burns and would gladly go to him again if needed.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015