Ratings for Dr. Matthew A. Schmid

I have gone to Dr. Schmid for a number of years. He is excellent (as is his staff). Last year, I tore my rotator cuff and my primary Dr. missed that it was torn (saw him about a month before I went to Dr. Schmid). Since Dr. Schmid helped my back and neck over the years, I figured he could help my shoulder. After examining it, he recommended I see an orthopaedic surgeon - that it was probably torn and nothing he could do. He did recommend a couple of surgeons (I actually went to another who was highly rated among his peers).

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

Dr. Schmid has made a huge difference in how my back functions and feels on a daily basis. I have a long history of back problems and have been to chiropractors before with limited success (to be fair, I am not sure I held up to my end of the bargain with maintenance care as well as I do now). However, over the last two years I have had great success under Dr. Schmid's care, especially given that I began long distancing cycling since I started to see him. I just rode 85 miles almost pain free! Dr. Schmid is caring and knowledgable. I can't say enough good things about him. His staff is always friendly, helpful and organized. If you are looking for long-term solutions for your back problems, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

I was one of Dr. Schmid's first patients when he came to Raleigh. (single and very young!)He has treated my husband, two sons and myself. He is one of the most knowledgable and caring chirops around! He does not do unnecessary treatment and will refer you to a Dr or other health provider. He listens to what you have to say and never dismisses your feelings. He has "magic hands" that can make you feel better almost immediately! His staff is efficient and pleasant. It is obvious they love him and their jobs. His office is a pleasant experience. I tore both rotator cuffs and he told me I could choose surgery or chirop treatments. I chose the later and avoided the invasive - I am 100% and didn't have to undergo the knife. He helps with natural remedies, but is not afraid to refer you to specialists. He does continuing education and has spoken for groups as well. His vision is good health for all his patients. He is a gem in a business that often gets a black eye.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

Dr. Schmid is amazing! His staff is awesome! They honestly care about you and will work with you no matter what the issue is. They remember you by name every time you walk in the office. Dr. Schmid explains everything he is going to do and what kind of plan he is going to put you on. One of the nicest and caring doctors and offices I've ever been to.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Excellent skills, very knowledgeable, warm, caring. Actually gave his unlisted home phone number to me in case of any problems. Been around a very long time, clearly one of the best in Raleigh. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2006

Dr. Matthew A. Schmid's Credentials

• Palmer College Chiropractic - Davenport (Grad. 1982)

HealthPartners