Ratings for Dr. Ashok K. Kuruvilla

This doctor seemed more interested in my weight than the rest of me. He did not bother to inform me that I had had an impaired glucose tolerance test result and instead told me metformin would help regulate my period (which had already regulated itself) and control my weight (which I am not self-conscious about, or at least I wasn't - thanks, Dr. K!) He diagnosed me with PCOS and then did not bother to discuss the ramifications of treatment. He is negligent at best and downright arrogant and rude at worst. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

This doctor did not listen to me. He repeatedly interrupted me when I tried to answer his questions. He constantly leaves me to wait in the exam room for at least 15 minutes after giving my information to his inexperienced staff. He seems more concerned with up-selling me to more expensive and risky drugs or even unnecessary surgery. He is arrogant on a personal level.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2001 and was fortunate to have been sent to Dr. Kuruvilla for my care. Dr. Kuruvilla did not accept my insurance, but he treated me anyway at no cost. I am happy to report that I can cancer free today and I attribute that to the excellent care Dr. Kuruvilla provided. My experience is the opposite of what the other reviewers posted. Since Dr. Kuruvilla left I have been searching for another doctor, but I keep judging others by his standard and have not yet found a doctor of Dr. Kuruvilla's caliber. I wish him all the best.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2013

This doctor was not concerned about his patient, never shows up on time (usually about an hour late),.does not converse or ask his patients questions, spent about 5 minutes with me, interested in typing on computer. I also found him to be quite arrogant.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

This Dr. has been the most unhelpful I have met. He was degrading to me, and spent most of his time pecking on the computer and not addressing me. I gave him 2 chances, left speechless both times. I will not return...waste of money and time!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012